Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

are these signs of a bad dealer????

I am new to seadoo and all of this. I find a dealer about 45 minutes from my house. I drive out there. I looked at the seadoos. The RXP. I ask the guy, i heard about the ceramic washers so should i change them to metals. he said well uh i dont know but if you have problems we will fix it.
    then i asked if i lightly modify my seadoo will it still be covered. he said wat do you mean. i said upgrade with riva parts. he said well riva will replace the part of theres if it brakes then he said i dont think seadoo will replace anything if it breaks the seadoo.

idk i might be stupid but to me he didnt seem educated enugh. am i just being dumb or what. what other questions should i ask them. should i buy my seadoo from there or go to a different one.

He is either a snake and doesn't wanna commit to the work of clutch failure or he is uneducated. I have come across this type... approx 1/2 hour from my place... only SD dealer in the region.... moron!! I take my ski to a guy 1.5 hours away so I know it's done right.

Quote Originally Posted by gkya blazin View Post
    he said well uh i dont know but if you have problems we will fix it....He said well riva will replace the part of theres if it brakes then he said i dont think seadoo will replace anything if it breaks the seadoo.
    I guess there are two clues right there. Unless you get a ridulously low price I would find another dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by gkya blazin View Post
    he said well riva will replace the part of theres if it brakes then he said i dont think seadoo will replace anything if it breaks the seadoo.
    Well I become more confused everyday on how Riva operates. They claim they stand behind their products yet they only offer a 30 day warranty on their IC's. Another member on here had their sponsons break when he was riding (he claims he didn't hit anything) and Riva would do nothing. However I'm sure there's more to that story that I don't know. Now as far as Riva's parts and them causing failures goes, I believe Riva has stated that IF their part caused another part of the ski to fail, they would cover the part that failed because SeaDoo would not. He is correct though, the SeaDoo warranty does not cover failures caused by aftermarket parts. Also, I believe the SeaDoo warranty will not cover damage caused by maitenence done by the owner which is "supposed" be done by a certified SeaDoo dealer. That being said, SeaDoo cannot void your warranty claim just because you install after market parts (at least in the U.S.) This is due to the Magnuson Warranty Act. It states that if a part fails your warranty cannot be void unless an aftermarket part was proven to aid in the failure of the damaged part.

Anyways, if he's saying "I dunno" about their policy towards aftermarket parts I would either ask to speak to someone that does know and get the low down, or go to a more knowledgable dealer.

+1
    When you get asked "Do you want to purchase an additional 3 year warranty", just say no because in 3 years time your ski will so modified you just threw money away on the warranty. I am hoping to be a stage 3 RXT by next season.

Can they really void your warranty for doing your own maintenance? I'm an automotive tech and so I do EVERYTHING. These things are no different than cars. I keep records and all receipts in a binder though.

+1
    If they could void your warranty over maintenance, then 3/4 of people on here would have void warranties. Whether or not the dealer honors a warranty is up to the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Sailor View Post
    Can they really void your warranty for doing your own maintenance? I'm an automotive tech and so I do EVERYTHING. These things are no different than cars. I keep records and all receipts in a binder though.
    If you change your own oil and something goes wrong with your ski, and they find it's because of an improper oil, do you think they're going to honor your warranty?

If you replace your SC bearings and washers and your SC takes a dump soon after, do you think they're going to honor your warranty if they find the failure was because of an improper bearing installation?

I doubt it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    If you change your own oil and something goes wrong with your ski, and they find it's because of an improper oil, do you think they're going to honor your warranty?

If you replace your SC bearings and washers and your SC takes a dump soon after, do you think they're going to honor your warranty if they find the failure was because of an improper bearing installation?

I doubt it.

It comes down to the dealer, like RXPkid said "if they find the failure was due" what is to say the dealer won't make this type of excuse everytime. Hell they could say "your fat A$$, put too much stress on the seat foam, so you warranty is void", now that would be a hell of a dealer.

Get the one year warranty, have Jerry replace the ceramic washers and have fun with your ski. Don't worry too much about warranties.

here is my dealer in FallsChurch,VA....do not goo there

3 weeksago-i vanted to get 4tecoil for my rxp, the guy sad "oh we just run out of it".

today-i vent in for oil and the guy sad the same as last time" oh we JUST run out of it" ,i was like that is what you told me 3 weeksago, he was like "well this is a bad time for getting oil becos its the end of the season"...... what are you talking about?!?!?!

i asked the sale guy if he could get the rxt-x for around $12700.....and he sad "its not even out there"...dahhh...."and price will be $17000"...
    are they crazy or what?...i think i saw a Thread somewhere on the forum about other dealer prices on the 08 rxp/t-x for around 12700.....
    anyway, this dealer is stinks
    Last edited by pet; 10-06-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information