+1

Are hours helping gas in oil?

Would be great to know how the gas in oil proplem is going for you all as the hours go up on the 250s, So far I have only done 12 hours with 3 oil changes. I really can not be bothered with the hassle of fitting the R&D crankcase breather kit at this stage. Your input would great.

have 42 hrs on mine now and the gas in oil issue has gotten ALOT better..still there..but alot better..on my eighth oil change now..i'll be getting the kit over the winter, mainly for piece of mind..

+1
    Interesting, Thanks. As we are just going into summer here all I want to do is ride. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that mine may improve with time, but like you It will be on my mind until I fix it.

+1
    I'm getting close to 30 hrs on mine. The first few oil changes, I had a small rise in level with gas smell. I'm on my 4th change and the rise in level has pretty much stopped but I still have a very slight smell of gas in the oil.
    Jimmy

Absolutely.. I'm @ 27 hours and the previous 3 changes (4 hrs between) resulted in about 1/8 less increase each.

On my last change, I put in 3.75 quarts and pulled 4 out after 5 hrs of riding.

From what I've read here, the problem becomes much less of an issue around 45 hours..

+1
    Sounds good so far.

I changed my original factory oil after 2 hours with castrol 10-40 regular dino, it had a strong fuel smell and black carbon in it.. I changed it again at 15 hours, because of fouled plugs and fuel smell, with a combination of 2 quarts of 15-40 rotella and 2 quarts full synthetic castrol 10-40, I now have 25 hours on this combo with zero blow by and have actually had to add a bit of oil. I'm planning to run it until the end of the season and change it again for winterizing. I should get about 30-35 hours on this oil change with no noticable increases, but still have fuel smell which I suspect is normal on a 1.5 liter producing 250hp and pusing 11lbs of boost...

I use a similar combination on my 450 hp big block boat motor... 5 quarts of 15-50 full syn. mobil 1 and 5 quarts of castrol 20-50 dino, figuring i'm getting the best of both worlds with the synthetic blend...

Thread Information