Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

r&d auto trim or quick trim?

anyone have any expierience with either of these ..i dont race but do set up closed courses and play ....vts is hard to find and who knowes where it really is when running through a course ...dont really want to loose my reverse or the ability to go play in the waves.... thanks

Baker Manual Trim.

+1
    I race closed course and was looking at the R&D item, has anyone used it in CC racing with success?

where can you get the baker manual trim system and how much is it?

I have the R&D on my 04 RXP and love it! I use the VTS for starts and lift it literally on leveling off. The system then must use their "holeshot rod", which is a spacer bolted to the vts thru hull and then pushes on the end of the bolt on the device. The bottom line is that you set the drop nozzle at the highest point, adjust in about 5 degrees of drop, and let er loose.
    I'll be at the WF in Havasu Saturday thru the 15th, if you're attending. #443 in drags only 'cause I'm too old! Terry

so how does a baker trim work .??? i have seen a manual trim that uses a lever and a hydrolic rod sort of like a clutch slave cylinder that takes place of the vts ... and mounts in place of the vts rod ,,, if you had to say anything negative or adverse effects about the r&d auto trim what would it be???

I have used both and would never go back to the lever. In my opinion, you just don't have time to think about the lever in every turn, where the auto nozzle just does it for you. I use the R&D sponsons also, full down, with the Riva pro blockoffs and the machine grabs hard in the turns and does not porpoise in the straights.
    I built my machine to be a good recreational open class ride. While I'm personally a sub standard rider, it has been ridden hard in the buoys by several world champs and they liked it. It's the way.

terry do you still have reverse? i have been thinking about this product but it has been hard to find good input on how it works and the effects ...everyone seems to know it exists but not how or how well it works... thank you for the info another sale for jerry

terry if you see dustin farthing ...i would say tell him the the race car guy from the jenson causway at home says hi... he kicks my but everytime he sees my bouies he goes and get his ski ... he lives about 3 miles form me he said he was going out there ...thanks again and have fun ... i need to get to a event ...i am new to ...well owning a jet ski about 2 months and at 41 out ride the young bucks most of the time ... we just pay for it more than we used to the next day

Yes, I still have the reverse scoop on the box. I usually ask myself why, but we have to go wakeless for about 1/4 mile at Lake Mead and I use it to slow the ski. Terry

search baker performance works sells for 389 it is a hydrolic manual trim lever but it supposidly returns at a slow rate to increase acceleration and smooth as to not upset the boat smooth is fast

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information