Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Beep, but no sensor error code?

My boat has been running great, like a beast, since I added the XS Power intercooler and 42lb injectors, but just every once in a while, maybe when coming off WOT to idle, it will give a solid, one second beep, but give no status or error code. There are no other symtoms to report; the engine continues running perfectly. Anything to worry about? What might the computer be beeping about?

+1
    I have a stock RXP that does the same thing. It is usually when I am under half tank in rough water so I think it is setting the low fuel senser off but maybe because it is just for a second that the light doesn't come on. Thats what I have been blaming it on.

I know last time it happened, I had a full tank. When I have less than half a tank and start carving through turns, the "low fuel" warning blinks like crazy, but luckily it doesn't beep, or I would have already ripped out the beeper long ago.

Sometimes it takes several warnings before the error code is set in the computer. Mine kept doing it last week and finally on the 6th or 7th time I got a code.

+1
    Sounds like an oil pressure issue. Ever had a ceramic washer failure?

+1
    thats weird u say oil pressure Franko because mine does this every now and then in fact it did it when i first put her together and now i cant say i have heard it the last few rides! I did however FINALLY catch it saying OIL when i looked in the display center once but i DONT remember if it said OIL PRESSURE or just OIL! mine has had a WASHER FAILURE but i CLEAN CLEANED AND CLEANED it out and it never ran more than 5 minutes on the initial failure! so thats puzzling to me!

+1
    Steve, yours sounds like an oil pressure issue for sure. Does it beep on deceleration? It could be a bad oil pressure sensor or damaged oil pumps from ceramic washer failure.

Good info, Franko, thanks. Never had the ceramics go out on me; switched to metal early on, but now that you mention it, I did just have to top off the crankcase with about a quart and a half of oil. Perhaps I still don't have the optimal amount in there; I'll keep an eye on it. I had to replace a bad oil sensor about six hours ago, BTW.

+1
    yes it does beep on deceleration and it has BRAND NEW FRONT AND REAR PUMPS i put in myself! after flushing and flushing it out with diesel fuel with the motor out of the boat! then i changed the oil twice after about two hours of riding each time and it look spotless but i still did it! could the sensor be bad and thats it?

+1
    seems like when i first pur it together it did it a few times and if i remember correctly is hasnt done it the last few times out??????

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information