Thread: Question on 15F

Question on 15F

Just picked up a brand new 15F and started the break in process. After the first hour of riding, I stopped the engine for a few minute rest and floated. Well upon attempting to re-start, she would crank just fine but not start up. I turned the power (plastic key) on and off a few times, I also tried it with the throttle in various positions, Pulled the seat for a peak and nothing looked out of the ordinary. I tried the above a few more times with no luck. At a loss and becoming angered, I flipped the reverse handle up and hit the starter button and she fired right up immediately?? Ran fine for another half hour and starts up like it should on later attempts (closer to the ramp).

Now for my question.....Has anyone else experieced this problem with their ski and if so, were you able to locate the cause? What problems have you had on your 15F? Any recommendations on what to keep a close eye on? Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Pep-Sea View Post
    Just picked up a brand new 15F and started the break in process. After the first hour of riding, I stopped the engine for a few minute rest and floated. Well upon attempting to re-start, she would crank just fine but not start up. I turned the power (plastic key) on and off a few times, I also tried it with the throttle in various positions, Pulled the seat for a peak and nothing looked out of the ordinary. I tried the above a few more times with no luck. At a loss and becoming angered, I flipped the reverse handle up and hit the starter button and she fired right up immediately?? Ran fine for another half hour and starts up like it should on later attempts (closer to the ramp).

Now for my question.....Has anyone else experieced this problem with their ski and if so, were you able to locate the cause? What problems have you had on your 15F? Any recommendations on what to keep a close eye on? Thanks for your help!
    i had mine do something like that, a few hours out of break in though. I was sitting with the power left on for an hour or two. That shouldnt have drained the battery, but it did just enough so it would turn over but not stop. I almost towed it but instead turned the key off for a few (15-20)minutes, then on and tryed it again. started right up.

I didn't have any loss of battery power at all. It cranked strong but wouldn't fire up. One of the first things I checked was the lanyard button but it will not crank at all if the clip is disconnected. I pulled the spring button out all the way while engaing the starter and again, it would crank but not start. I know there is some electrical circuitry controling the off throttle steering assist but is there anything electrically tied into the reverse bucket, such as switch or something that may have caused this ? Hopefully, I didn't wind up with a lemon. Are you all happy with yours? Any problems? How many hours so far on your units.... Thanks again

Thread Information