Changing SC washers?

How do you change the SC washers? I found a pdf file in an old post using the search feature but for some reason it is not opening. (btw, I have adobe reader). Is there a write-up on how to change these correctly- i.e torque specs for the nuts holding the s.c wahsers and discs on the sc shaft?

+1

Thanks! Just 2 questions... 1) I got the front nut off that lets me take off those 5 wahsers. If I just put a socket and wrench on the nut by the impeller and then use a 26mm wrench to loosen that piece right before the gear is that O.K, and is this torqued to 22ft.lbs as well? 2) Is there a special order to putting thost 5 washers on the front on? (concave side up/ down?)

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    the nut on the impller side is also torqued. You can't use it. That's why there is a sc'er shaft holding tool. The washer have a specific orientation.

)()()nut

the impeller shaft nut is a lefty thread...so you may have actually tightened it a little. Putting the unit back together will result in you actually loosening the impeller nut.....very bad. get the right tool and put it back together properly with red loctite on both nuts.....(hehe unit.......hehe, nuts)
    Last edited by SeanCucf; 10-04-2007 at 06:58 PM.

+1
    hee hee i LUV my unit and my nuts! try to get soft legs to do the same long time!

I also would like to know how to service my own Sc, I am very hands on , I just have never seen anyone actually take one apart in front of me. I want to learn how to change out my bearings, washers etc... and also the slip moment ? Can someone do a really detailed How to on this stuff. The Riva instructions are good but they are more for a seadoo tech than a DIYer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo951 View Post
    Thanks! Just 2 questions... 1) I got the front nut off that lets me take off those 5 wahsers. If I just put a socket and wrench on the nut by the impeller and then use a 26mm wrench to loosen that piece right before the gear is that O.K, and is this torqued to 22ft.lbs as well? 2) Is there a special order to putting thost 5 washers on the front on? (concave side up/ down?)
    If you got the front nut off, then all the pieces should come off including all the needle bearings. But then you need the S/C holding wrench to re torque the nut to 22 lbs. You can grind down a 1" wrench to really thin to work, or a 26 mm, or just buy the tool. The tool goes where the red arrow in the attached picture (thanks to Jerry) is pointing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC clutch.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	40819  

Thread Information