Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

R&D Pulley Kit First Ride

I finished up the kit install today and took it out for a short test ride. I did not do any long full throttle speed runs since my wideband died and I did not have any way to watch the A/F ratio. Just to be safe I turned up the fuel pressure and put in a couple gallons of 116 octane so I could see how it ran. The first thing I noticed was the blower is quite a bit louder than before, the blower whine is more noticeable at lower speeds now. The hole shot was way stronger than before. The first full throttle hit from a stop raised the front end up enough that the boat came unhooked. I found out real fast I have to lean forward to keep the nose down. The mid range punch from a cruise speed of about 30-40 mph was probably the most noticeable difference. It pulls HARD and keeps pulling. I saw about 3 pounds of boost increase over the stock pulley. I think once I get it tuned its going to be fast. I saw 71.2 on the GPS and never ran it full throttle for more than a couple seconds. The kit went on easy (other than there were no instructions for the fuel system) and the only extra I had to get was the blower hub, which I think should be a part of the kit.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    How did your charger oil look when you replaced it and did you measure the exact amount it held when you filled it?

Nice to hear good results. Interested in how much fuel economy has been effected.

+1
    Congrats, Do you have the riva ride plate on?

I am looking forward to reading your reports when you are tuned and dialed in

+1
    Thanks for the info. If you were only full throttle for a few moments and did over 71, this thing should really fly when you get it dialed in. Can't wait to hear the results. If it jumps up that high outta the hole, are you going to leave the wedge in?

+1

Exciting news.

Man I can't wait to hear all of the details on this one. Do you also have the R&D relief mod?

what does the pulley kit include and does it require remapping ? and what if any affect will this kit have a reliability ?

Quote Originally Posted by Importracer View Post
    I finished up the kit install today and took it out for a short test ride. I did not do any long full throttle speed runs since my wideband died and I did not have any way to watch the A/F ratio. Just to be safe I turned up the fuel pressure and put in a couple gallons of 116 octane so I could see how it ran. The first thing I noticed was the blower is quite a bit louder than before, the blower whine is more noticeable at lower speeds now. The hole shot was way stronger than before. The first full throttle hit from a stop raised the front end up enough that the boat came unhooked. I found out real fast I have to lean forward to keep the nose down. The mid range punch from a cruise speed of about 30-40 mph was probably the most noticeable difference. It pulls HARD and keeps pulling. I saw about 3 pounds of boost increase over the stock pulley. I think once I get it tuned its going to be fast. I saw 71.2 on the GPS and never ran it full throttle for more than a couple seconds. The kit went on easy (other than there were no instructions for the fuel system) and the only extra I had to get was the blower hub, which I think should be a part of the kit.

I know its a bit early but can you tell us how many mph and rpm you had before and after the kit?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    How did your charger oil look when you replaced it and did you measure the exact amount it held when you filled it?

Nice to hear good results. Interested in how much fuel economy has been effected.
    The oil was still nice and clean, I just topped off the small amount it was low. Thanks again for getting it to me.

+1
    I have the riva plate and the wedge still in. I am going to remove the wedge and see how it handles. The rpms are up around 100 to 150. I saw mid 7900's a couple times. From looking at the plugs last night I am guessing its guite a bit richer than before. I hope to get back out by the weekend and do some more testing.

+1
    I have been turning 7950 rpm's consistantly and sometimes 8050. Do you think you will see 8000+ after you get it tuned? Do you have the R&D crankcase kit?
    Jimmy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information