Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Talk me off the ledge

Lost $60k today as a bond issue in a company got wiped out by a bankruptcy judge...........

I can't tell you how down I am about this........This is a shit pile of money for my retirement...................... GONE!!!

I had a chance to quadruple my money, and then I got hit in the nuts by the judge wiping out our class of bonds in a reorganization plan. fawkin-A this hurts. It will take me several years to replace those dollars.

I need to be talked down from the ledge.....

I just had to vent. I normally am an upbeat type of guy, but this is the worst financial mistake I have ever made, and it is devastating.

Sorry to hear about it dude. Keep your head up

"Tough times never last.................only tough people do!"

Words to live by.

Thumbs up

live for today...in the now...and the present

an aunty of mine recently died of bowl cancer leaving behind a devastated familty
    a good work colleague recently committed suicide.."RIP the Frog" worst funeral I've ever been too
    you could be run over by a bus tomorrow...
    most people I know either retire and fall straight-off the perch...or get bored and go back to work anyways.....no more retirement age in the land of Oz.....it's discrimination
    ride more often
    scare yourself once a day
    enjoy your toys whilst your youth.....and your only old when you stop ridin...so keep ridin
    & tell ya loved ones you love-em
    oh and it's only money....earn some more and buy another toy

mr. knowitall
    dude, its only money, you cant take one cent with you when its your time to go so enjoy life and all that it has to offer. play the lotto maybe you'll hit the big money i mean its nice to have money but its not everything and in the grand scheme of things 60 k is not enough to go over the "edge" for . cheer up and go ride your ski or whatever it is you like to do and thank god if he gives you the opprotunity to get up out of bed to do it again another day

Do you hunt? Go kill something (deer) and drink some beers with some best friends and then just laugh about it. You can do it!!!

Dude-

Go ride and get some of the stress out of your system. Then, if you have a family, take your kids to the park or for ice cream, watch a funny movie, romance your wife after dinner, and thank your higher power that you only lost money, not something worse. Then get back on the horse and start working again. You can get the money back eventually. And don't do something stupid like trying to "medicate" the pain away with booze or drugs. That's a long, bad road that only leads to more pain and hardship.

Good luck!

+1
    i lost 60k in the internet ups and downs 10 yrs ago. One day i lost the last
    10K and I quit and went home and had hot sex with my woman. Twice. Kinda figured as long as i had that i'd be okay and that was 10yrs ago and now it's all good as long as you have your health. Happiness is who you're in the room with, half the time. Go have some fun and shake off the blues.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SDGirl View Post
    Dude-

Go ride and get some of the stress out of your system. Then, if you have a family, take your kids to the park or for ice cream, watch a funny movie, romance your wife after dinner, and thank your higher power that you only lost money, not something worse. Then get back on the horse and start working again. You can get the money back eventually. And don't do something stupid like trying to "medicate" the pain away with booze or drugs. That's a long, bad road that only leads to more pain and hardship.

Good luck!
    That is some great advice

Thanks for the kind words folks.........

Yep I will be fine, this will sort itself out, you know, kinda like falling off your bike pedals and stabbing your nads on the center bar......

It sure hurts for awhile, but after a few months you forget about it.....

You take the "rule of 7" of investing, that every 7 years your investment should double +-.

I am 42, that $60k when I am 63 might have been worth nearly $500k!

That is what is so difficult..........TO FORGET ABOUT.......

Aww fawk it!

BTW: Dave it is funny that you mentioned getting laid. I had a very interesting wake-up call from my wife this morning..........

Ok I am better now, I have perspective again.........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information