Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intake grates

Intake grates

Hello, I have just broken in my 2005 rxp and absolutely love the speed of this boat. I am kind of a speed junkie and I was wondering what the best intack grates are and what kind of performance and speed increase I can expect on a stock RXP.

+1
    welcome abord! You have come to the right place. But you better have a fat wallet if you love speed.

I have used both the worx and riva. I would have to say the the riva keeps you hooked up the best with little to no speed loss.

Keep in mind, a grate will help keep you hooked to the water, it won't give you any speed. However it will prevent speed loss over rough water.

Take a look at http://greenhulk.net for some of the mods jerry has done to his ski.

I'd suggest you start with a riva grate and a solas impeller repitched from ppg You may also want to look into removing your OPAS with an oaps block off kit.

Good luck!!

+1
    Ditto what Mike said - Riva grate, no OPAS, and Solas impeller. If you have some money to throw into that order (as I think they should be done altogether), I would strongly suggest the Riva sponsons - awesome!

+1
    Superbeast; Bet you can't beat these prices.

Riva sponsons $244
    Riva intake grate $115
    Solas SRX-CD 14/19 $217
    Riva OPAS block off kit $73

Send the Solas prop to Impros to be tweeked if you want. Dave does it in-house without the middleman like the "other guy" uses.

The above prop and grate are on order and I should have them soon.

Richard
    www.hpmarineltd.com
    email; hpmarinrltd@aol.com

+1
    Richard - can you get that new OPAS block off (with the wing) from Riva? If so, how much?

Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain
    Richard - can you get that new OPAS block off (with the wing) from Riva? If so, how much?

I asked him, he checked and they are not avaible yet. When they become avialibe he should be able to get them for us and save some dollars.

+1
    I think that set up looks like it would provide some positive results. Obviously if they don't have it out yet, there's no one to say. I'll gladly guinea pig it!

+1
    I like the way Riva always makes these products sound irrestibly needed, but I'm thinking they might actually be onto something.

"Our race-bred Pro-Series O.P.A.S. Block-off Kit optimizes the RXP’s handling characteristics in racing conditions. Kit eliminates O.P.A.S. system filling voids with 100mm hull extensions that dramatically improve handling and reduce porposing. Installs easily utilizing o-rings to seal openings left when O.P.A.S. is removed. Constructed from high-strength aluminum and anodized to prevent corrosion. IJSBA Superstock Legal. NOTE: For competition use only.
    Available mid June."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I agree, I want to try them out!! I wish they would keep it to them selves until they are to be released.

It it like your mom baking cookies that she is taking somewhere, you can see and smell them but you can't have any!!! I'm still a big kid

the only thing better is if they had a way to move the sponson back to overlap/attach to the new blockoffs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information