Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boring Tech question

After World Finals I'd like to bore my super stock top end out to 84mm.It has steel liners so my question is what is the thinest wall thickness that would be considered safe.I'm looking for several opinions,no head butting allowed Thanks guy's!

+1
    check pm bro....

+1
    Call LA Sleeves

its probably best to bore the alluminium and get the replated

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by H204YOU View Post
    After World Finals I'd like to bore my super stock top end out to 84mm.It has steel liners so my question is what is the thinest wall thickness that would be considered safe.I'm looking for several opinions,no head butting allowed Thanks guy's!
    how did you go can this be done,i would like to do this to mine too if possible??

I just bored mine - I went to 83mm because I wanted to use Cast (Prox) Kawasaki pistons. I could of went to 84mm wiseco's You can get wisecos now all the way to 85.4mm.

Some of the steel sleeve superstocks were 90mm bore so you could go up to about 87mm max. Mine are smaller about 87mm. Im talking OD.

Just look at the thickness at the ports and you can measure which version you have. I think Miller had sleeves made, Lamey had sleeves made, and R&C....(Riva used R&D's I think) There may have been three versions but I have only seen (owned two)

can u resleeve them wit cast iron and bore them to a 84mm?
    i was thignikin this...i have a 1300 head lyin around and i fitted it to a 1200 cylinder and it fit the bolts fitted perfect. im askin if i can bore the 1200 cylinder to a 1300 with cast iron sleeve and run a 1300 head?..woudl it run properly with rejetted cards?

+1
    where would i get 84mm flat top piston(kawaski type),my ski has TJ flat top motor,with steel sleeves!!

Quote Originally Posted by MTRHEAD View Post
    I just bored mine - I went to 83mm because I wanted to use Cast (Prox) Kawasaki pistons. I could of went to 84mm wiseco's You can get wisecos now all the way to 85.4mm.

Some of the steel sleeve superstocks were 90mm bore so you could go up to about 87mm max. Mine are smaller about 87mm. Im talking OD.

Just look at the thickness at the ports and you can measure which version you have. I think Miller had sleeves made, Lamey had sleeves made, and R&C....(Riva used R&D's I think) There may have been three versions but I have only seen (owned two)
    Exactly MTRHEAD,mine are 87 OD too!I think the reasoning is by keeping the outside diameter smaller it allows more area for flow thru the transfer ports,which is usually a disadvantage inhierited with sleeving,or the larger sleeves.I really wanted to use oem 1300 pistons because I have some.My concern is leaving the wall too thin after boring.

Wiseco sells 84.00 and 84.5 mm

GroupK (wiseco) sells 85.0 and 85.4mm and they are anodized and a little better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information