Question dropped mag power valve

the pin fell out of my pv, i've been chasing carby problems with this ski, when i nail the throttle I get a large flat spot thread here
    but i now found that the valve was not working, didn't touch the piston
    Could this be the lean bog i'e been chasing
    and not the carby problems i've been thinking i had
    1 what are the symptoms of a powervalve not working
    2 what would cause 2 seperate valves to drop the pin on the same (mag) cylinder

Did you install waveeaters?

no its not mine

+1
    the pin fell out of my pv, i've been chasing carby problems with this ski, when i nail the throttle I get a large flat spot thread here
    1 what are the symptoms of a powervalve not working If they stay closed it will affect your high end RPM. if they stay open it bogs real bad until about 4500 RPM
    2 what would cause 2 seperate valves to drop the pin on the same (mag) cylinder I would look into cable adjustment, check all the linkages time to pull the caps and go through and service all of them. And get some wave eater clips you were lucky this time next time might take a cylinder and piston with it.

Quote Originally Posted by osidebill View Post
    1 what are the symptoms of a powervalve not working If they stay closed it will affect your high end RPM. if they stay open it bogs real bad until about 4500 RPM could be my problem with the cylinder pressure holding the valve up all the time, but just to be sure i'm rebuilding the carbs again using genuine mikuni kits, although i've never had an issue with the Widerosa kits before
    2 what would cause 2 seperate valves to drop the pin on the same (mag) cylinder I would look into cable adjustment, check all the linkages time to pull the caps and go through and service all of them. And get some wave eater clips you were lucky this time next time might take a cylinder and piston with it. looks like ill have to buy this guy some waveeaters just to cover my A$$
    all the adjustment are fine and ive gone over them 3 times now, its just the pin sliding out on the front valve even using a valve out of another engine

+1
    Have you verified the operation of the servo motor? does it cycle when you shut the ski down? The pins in some of the valves are loose, I have seen them where you can't budge em and others that slide right out.

+1
    What year is the ski? I think there is an updated valve assembly if its pre 02. It would be a good time to take care of this as well if applicable.

01 and the pv motor works fine
    it has the stops in the ports to prevent valve falling all the way down, i think they available in 02 in the US

Thread Information