Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Fogging Question

With my engine at an idle can I spray bombardier lube directly into the hose connected to the supercharger or is this a bad idea.

+1
    i personally would remove my plugs sachurate the cylinders with the plugs out spraying lube in the plug hole then turn the boat over without starting it and call it a day for the cylinder part of your fogging operation! good luck!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    i personally would remove my plugs sachurate the cylinders with the plugs out spraying lube in the plug hole then turn the boat over without starting it and call it a day for the cylinder part of your fogging operation! good luck!
    How often do you recommend fogging our skis?

+1
    if u keep them in humid situations where the skis are NOT let COMPLETELY AIR dry between rides (hood up seat off for a day or two) then they would be done every time after i rode if they were mine! otherwise i would only do it for WINTERIZATION! i NEVER do it but i also take the seat off for a few days or leave it off between rides with the hood up and in the garage as well for winter i have a heated gargae!

+1
    if u keep them in humid situations where the skis are NOT let COMPLETELY AIR dry between rides (hood up seat off for a day or two) then they would be done every time after i rode if they were mine! otherwise i would only do it for WINTERIZATION! i NEVER do it but i also take the seat off for a few days or leave it off between rides with the hood up and in the garage as well for winter i have a heated gargae!
    Cool thanks.

+1

I know you were saying this, but I just want to make sure people understand not to spray the fogging oil in the cylinders then put the plugs back in and turn it over. You ONLY turn the engine over with the plugs out, or you can damage the pistons, rods and crank.

Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    I know you were saying this, but I just want to make sure people understand not to spray the fogging oil in the cylinders then put the plugs back in and turn it over. You ONLY turn the engine over with the plugs out, or you can damage the pistons, rods and crank.
    Good to know. I've never done it, but i probably would have if i never read this post.

+1
    If you are Winterizing it I think Sea-Doo actually recommends pulling the fuel rail and injectors and spraying the fogging oil in through the fuel injector holes. After that replace the fuel rail and crank the engine with the throttle WOT (to prevent starting). This will pull the oil though and coat both the intake and exhaust valves.

+1
    i would have assumed people would KNOW NOT to start but to turn it over not starting it to coat the cylinders completely and NOT burn the stuff out of there by firing it up! good back up verbage fellas! my fault!

Thanks for the replies.
    I am aware of the proper procedure WRT removal of fuel rails etc as per my service manual but was wondering if it was a good idea to lube the supercharger impeller, throttle body, and intercooler as well. Spraying into the intake is about the only way I can see to accomplish this. If this is not necessary or reccommended than so be it. I guess my main concern is can it damage the SC impeller by droplets of fogging oil hitting the impeller blades.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information