Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 06 Ski problems

+1

06 Ski problems

Just broke in my sky this weekend and wanted to see my top speed was really disappointed. With a quarter of a tank my best speed was 63, I was barely reaching 60mph mark on the stock spedo, but my rpm would go up to 8220 (on choppy waves). Also I think it might have a problem, when I attempt to take off (take off is really slow) and itís just coming out of the water I experience a strange vibration and an odd noise, sounds as if the pump isnít taking in any water, it really struggles at take offs. Any suggestions on what it might beÖ.Iím planning to take it to the dealer to do the first service this after noon, I just hope I can go in there with a little more information on the situation so they can fix the problem. Any suggestions on what might it be??

How many hours, 10 hour sevace done? If service is done check oil level...should be half way between the bends.

+1
    The sky has 13 hours now...and on the truck on its way for the first service. The oil was just 5 mm under the top bend....when the engine was hot oil was like 2cm over the top bend.

Do you ride on a river or lake? Check to see if you have a stick or something cought between the impeller and the warering or something around the shaft.. This happend to me and I got that vibration and sounds like was sucking nothing but air. I could only to top 60 when this happend to me. once removed i was fine doing 68-69 mph with out an issue or that dam sound. A

+1
    Yeah it was on a river.....but nothing in there its all clean.

What is a "Sky"

Did you mean "Ski"??????

+1

Re: 06 Sky problems

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk
    Just broke in my sky this weekend and wanted to see my top speed was really disappointed. With a quarter of a tank my best speed was 63, I was barely reaching 60mph mark on the stock spedo, but my rpm would go up to 8220 (on choppy waves). Also I think it might have a problem, when I attempt to take off (take off is really slow) and itís just coming out of the water I experience a strange vibration and an odd noise, sounds as if the pump isnít taking in any water, it really struggles at take offs. Any suggestions on what it might beÖ.Iím planning to take it to the dealer to do the first service this after noon, I just hope I can go in there with a little more information on the situation so they can fix the problem. Any suggestions on what might it be??
    i think you are starting off with the trim in the wrong position, the ski will pull right out of the water if you do that instead of taking off..

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    sounds to me like he destroyed his wear ring

JEFF C :: i fixed his thread title for him i was avoiding this thread because i thought it was about the new car the Saturn Sky or something haha

my bet is trash caught at the intake grate/ ride plate joint since SD was too cheap to seal them completely from front to back crap get hung there really easy.

Check the nose cone on the impeller.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information