Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2008 Rxt-x Rxp-x

Hey Everyone,
    After checking in for the race this weekend.
    I went over to Walt's Motorsport to see what they had and here they were sitting in the shop. What caught my eye was the color. Nice combination when you see it up close. Seats had a nice look to them had the feel of some sort of non-skid surface.What I did'nt like was the "RXT-X 255"logo on the side, it was a little guady for me. The handlebar/stem combination was interesting.
    And the VTS is a nice touch. I had a chance to open up the seat compartment to look inside. They really stuffed the intercooler right in the middle towards the area were the siphon tubes are located.It looks like you have to remove the intercooler hose to change the oil filter. Not seeing the j-pipe, just a straight exhaust pipe that goes into the waterbox looked pretty clean .These must of been Sea-Doo's test boats they had various parts labeled with prototype stickers on them.

My opinion " good looking boat"

Dave

+1
    You didn't RIDE THAT THING???
    I would have been tempted to create a bomb-scare diversion, slip that thing out the back and ride that b!tch like ya stole it... oh wait—I guess at that point you actually you WOULD have stolen it.

+1
    All the pics so far seem to be "prototype." The intercooler looks huge in all the pics of it out of the boat that I've seen but will it make it to production? It kind of scares me that they have this "prototype" disclaimer when we're already putting money down and getting in line to buy. As with cars, you know that the final production is always more disappointing than the concept - but if they're selling 255 ponies then they better come with something good under the cowling.

Married the love of my Life Mayday 2008 SuperCharged03's Avatar
    I agree... Bought the 03 SC GTX "Before" riding one. Had I rode it first... NO sale!! Very dissapointed after all the hype. Still have it tho, with alot of xtras to make it what it should have been from the start.. So, that being said, no more first year buys for me again, been there done that..

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged03 View Post
    I agree... Bought the 03 SC GTX "Before" riding one. Had I rode it first... NO sale!! Very dissapointed after all the hype. Still have it tho, with alot of xtras to make it what it should have been from the start.. So, that being said, no more first year buys for me again, been there done that..
    I would buy a 4-place trailer since I tried it out first! It pulled great! Have one for sale do ya??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    I would buy a 4-place trailer since I tried it out first! It pulled great! Have one for sale do ya??
    Smart Arse

+1
    Well at least Jerry got to ride it and he's not on the BRP payroll, is he?

To me, someone that's spent a lot of time on modded RXPs and is used to that Stage 3 pull and he says the new X is a strong ski then that's all I need to hear. Once we buy and ride then we'll get used to the power but not the payments and that's when buyer's remorse kicks in...we always want more for less. Hasn't dating taught us that those economics just don't exist? You gotta pay to play (at least with the good stuff or the pretty ones).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    Once we buy and ride then we'll get used to the power but not the payments and that's when buyer's remorse kicks in...we always want more for less. Hasn't dating taught us that those economics just don't exist? You gotta pay to play (at least with the good stuff or the pretty ones).

In a couple of years the good stuff isn't that good anymore. The pretty ones can turn into hags and you'll still be paying for them even if you don't want to play anymore !!

+1
    In a couple of years the good stuff isn't that good anymore. The pretty ones can turn into hags and you'll still be paying for them even if you don't want to play anymore !!
    are we talking about ski`s or women

+1
    shhr...is there a difference? It's no coincidence we name them after women. Skis get old yet you might still be paying on them even if they're not getting much use or no longer providing an enjoyable riding experience. You typically have to prime them and get them maintained to operate at a less than desired level of performance - definitely not where they were when you first got on her back in the day. And the older they are the more inclined they are to break down. And when you do part with them you typically owe more or lose more than you're able to recover but she sure makes the newer ones look more appealing. It's no wonder the wives complain when we want a newer, younger, more enjoyable ride and always cite that we already got one that we never use. Sure the older ones are fun to ride every now and then until your friends see you on them - that holds true with skis or women I suppose.

Any way, what was this thread about?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information