Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

R&D crankcase vent-2nd line question

The kit comes with a optional 2nd vent line that is recommended if you run the pulley kits to vent the added crankcase pressure. But why would you not want to add the 2nd line on any install? Any positive pressure in the crankcase is bad. If two lines can ventilate the crankcase better why not use it? Any opinions on this?

Dave; I'm absolutely putting it on my stock engine for extra relief and/or more venting if/when I do an SC/injector mod. Why not?

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    What size is the inlet to the breather box?

Quote Originally Posted by lordblack View Post
    Dave; I'm absolutely putting it on my stock engine for extra relief and/or more venting if/when I do an SC/injector mod. Why not?
    Yeah, Thats my thinking. Would ready for the next upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    What size is the inlet to the breather box?
    Its a short hard line coming off the crankcase, I'd say its about 8mm O.D.

+1
    I'll be putting both lines on. It's provided so why not use it.

Guys; how is the install going? I will start mine tomrorow; I had to hunt the threebond down..

I got mine installed and went out Sunday for a ride. Ran a tank of gas though it. Seems to work well. I changed the oil Friday night and the level isn't rising like it used to after every ride. I'll know for sure after I run a couple more tankfuls of gas through it.
    Last edited by turbodave; 10-09-2007 at 06:08 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodave View Post
    I got mine installed and went out Sunday for a ride. Ran a tank of gas though it. Seems to work well. I changed the oil Friday night and the level isn't rising like it used to after every ride. I know for sure after I run a couple more tankfuls of gas through it.
    Did you get any more RPM's and did it wind up quicker like R&D claims from less crankcase pressure? Anything to look out for on the install?

+1
    The UPS man just came! I should have my crankcase kit installed this week and will test it this weekend (or sooner) R&D also included a very complete set of instructions. I also orderd one of their filters for the glovebox access cover. You can order this seperate and without the 2 filters for the bo & relief valves. The instructions had some very interesting things to say about oil level. R&D recomends running between 4-4.5 qts. They have been testing the 4 qt level on an endurance engine kit for 60 hrs. They claim putting the oil level at 4-4.25 qts will add to throttle response and add 40-50 rpm's. A side note from R&D. When I talked to them last week, I asked about the reliability of the 250X engine with one of their pulley kits. They said that the 250X engine is pretty bullit proof internaly and is a VERY strong motor. Any of their pulley kits won't even come close to overstressing this motor. Good info for such a "problem infested" ski. (according to some people)
    Jimmy
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 10-09-2007 at 05:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information