Thread: 3Bond 1211 Case Sealing Dwell???
10-06-2007, 01:06 AM #1
3Bond 1211 Case Sealing Dwell???
How long should I wait after sealing the cases with 3Bond 1211 before I fire the engine up?
10-06-2007, 01:12 AM #2
I always wait 1-2 days....,that's just me. I get paranoid about case leaks and don't wanna fire it up for a couple of days just to let it dry well.
10-06-2007, 01:16 AM #3
I know. Thats what I'm thinking. I sealed the cases today at 3:00 P.M.
I want to put it on the water Sunday morning. I'm doing a sanity check seeing if that is too early. Temps here are about 74 in the day. Garage doesn't cool off too much below that.
I'm going to light it up tommorow night.
Last edited by spud; 10-06-2007 at 01:20 AM.
10-06-2007, 01:18 AM #4
XLT's are a bitch to work on. You would think there would be more room than a GPR to work. NOT!!!
I had to tilt the heck out of the engine to get it into the hull without scratching something.
10-06-2007, 01:25 AM #5
Yeah no kiddin, I just built that 1200 for my old XLT and dropped the motor in, what a pain compared to the GPR.
And now I find out its too rich on the low speed screws, gotta pull the pipe to get to them on the XLT. On the GPR I just remove the battery box and can get to the lows.
10-06-2007, 05:11 AM #6
Last edited by Hydrotherapy; 10-06-2007 at 09:05 AM.
10-06-2007, 07:16 AM #7
I wait 2 days but thats just me. I'm sure its not needed though.
10-06-2007, 09:13 AM #8
This is my fastest teardown - rebuild. I usually do things over a week or so. I'm repairing this ski for some people Rob knows. I'll be at World Finals next weekend so I wanted to get it done. I still plan on firing it up tonight.
How many turns out did you have the lows on the XL ?
I did the standard 1200/Rich jetting on this one
1.5 N&S 95 gram springs
1 turn out lows
1 5/8 turns out highs
Riva flame arrestors
everything else stock except Pro - Tec milled head 150 psi comp
Solas 13/19 repitched to 12/18 as read on the impeller guage
Riva ride plate and intake grate.
I'll go with 24 hoursa plus a little before I start it.
10-06-2007, 11:35 AM #9
OK all done but the head. Calling Rob now. Will be getting some fresh gas and the head. Then tomorrow it gets delivered.
Just another part of the journey. It would be cool to fix about 1 ski a month. That would help finances since the divorce.
10-06-2007, 11:46 AM #10
I would give 1 day to cure.
I would say 12 hours is good if you build the motor 1 day then let it sit overnight then install it your good to go by then.
If you have good clean surfaces (tight tollerances) that stuff sets up prety much right away.
3-4 days is not needed 24 hours is more than enough.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By theevette in forum Yamaha How To & FAQsReplies: 4Last Post: 04-21-2010, 02:20 AM
By wrxwrb in forum 2-Stroke PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 09-06-2009, 09:36 PM
By daltonruss in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-20-2009, 07:35 PM
By Chrisrokc in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 10Last Post: 12-28-2007, 12:41 AM
By Tommy Gun in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 16Last Post: 05-11-2006, 08:45 AM