Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

Polaris MSX boarding step installation instructions (part# 2874607)

I recently purchased a Polaris boarding step, which will fit any 2003 or 2004 Polaris MSX110, MSX140, MSX150 (or Matrix, I presume).

Attached is the installation instruction sheet. Note the part about there being aluminium plates glued to the inside surface of the outer hull, and the factory scribe marks on the outside of the hull at the correct mounting points.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Polaris MSX boarding step installation instructions001.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	3.24 MB 
ID:	40902  

Hey good idea posting this. I've got Polaris instructions for adding a reverse kit and instructions for adding an analog tachometer. I'll scan em as soon as I can get to a scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I recently purchased a Polaris boarding step, which will fit any 2003 or 2004 Polaris MSX110, MSX140, MSX150 (or Matrix, I presume).

Attached is the installation instruction sheet. Note the part about there being aluminium plates glued to the inside surface of the outer hull, and the factory scribe marks on the outside of the hull at the correct mounting points.
    I thought that was a pretty cool job on Polaris' part with the factory scribe marks on the transom of my MSX 150! I placed my OEM boarding step (same part number as yours) up to these location points...and it was a perfect match. Especially liked the thought that my step was being held in place by threaded aluminum backing plates....

BTW: These Polaris steps are getting hard to find. Mind telling us where you located yours, and how much it set you back?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Road View Post
    ...BTW: These Polaris steps are getting hard to find. Mind telling us where you located yours, and how much it set you back?
    A Green Hulk member PM'ed me to say that these are getting hard to come by, and then assisted in my purchasing one from an eBay seller who would not accept bids from Canada.

The boarding step arrived today, in fine like new condition, and cost me about $100 all told (including customs fees).
    I knew I was forgetting something when I posted those installation instructions...

Thanks go to Rocky_Road

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    A Green Hulk member PM'ed me to say that these are getting hard to come by, and then assisted in my purchasing one from an eBay seller who would not accept bids from Canada.

The boarding step arrived today, in fine like new condition, and cost me about $100 all told (including customs fees).
    I knew I was forgetting something when I posted those installation instructions...

Thanks go to Rocky_Road
    Aw shucks, Ma....

Now I feel bad! Really wasn't looking for a plug, just wanted the readers to know that some good Polaris things can still be found on eBay....

Then again, ain't nothing wrong with seeing your 'handle' in Royal Blue...or is that purple???

Thread Information