Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Air/Fuel Gauge setup

Would this work....
    If I added a bunge where the red is on the picture. It would go straight up to the top of the hull. I could even put outwearsracing prefilter material on it. Then put a one wire bosch oxygen sensor on it. I don't see how water could go all the way up the tube.

I was going to use the dyno tune digital square gauge. Is it ok with the one wire bosch oxygen sensor ?

I know getting a super duper tilge welder and doing it on the J-pipe is the way to go but I was looking for options. If it's trying something and possibly burning out a 25 dollar sensor then I think it would be worth it.
    Just want to make a sensible try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	af_exhaust_129.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	3025  

+1
    No that wont work because you have water flowing thru that pipe.

You must put the 02 bung in the jacketed J pipe where exhaust gas is isolated from water.

You are joking right? Please tell me this is a joke?

Hee hee hee hee hee hee ,
    C`mon kinch...LOL...PR...

This would be just a temporary fix to get a reading then I wouldn't need it.
    I would use my 3/4 thru hull at the top of my hull and have a 3/4 tube going from the exhaust to the thru hull. Or just have a smaller tube exiting the hull between the seats, again temporary.

Then you could also use some sort of inline water/air seperator like this
    http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p138743...ver?sourceid=3

or just use outerwear prefilter between a coupler.

I could put a o2 sensor after the inline water/air seperator or coupler.

When I was done getting readings I could just switch this tube with a plug.
    I was trying to figure out a cheap way to get a quick reading and be done with it. You could get an A/F reading for $110 dollars on this system.

Sounds like a joke but I don't see how it wouldn't work. If you had a tube leaving the exhaust and finishing at the top of the hull water would flow through the rest of the exhaust and not travel up the smaller tube by means of pressure.

Anyone know how much or who could do the J-pipe weld ?
    I would like to this in like a month or 2 when all the new RR SC testing has been done. I'm not going to the new RR SC without an A/F gauge and whatever the minimum requirments would be.

do not use a 1 wire o2. These are narrow band o2 sensors and are useless for tuning. I won't even get into the heat issue with the cooled exaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Hee hee hee hee hee hee ,
    C`mon kinch...LOL...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    No that wont work because you have water flowing thru that pipe.

You must put the 02 bung in the jacketed J pipe where exhaust gas is isolated from water.

The lights on, anybody home?

Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_
    do not use a 1 wire o2. These are narrow band o2 sensors and are useless for tuning. I won't even get into the heat issue with the cooled exaust.
    So you would need a 5 wire, wideband ?
    Is that the minimum wire you could use or is there a 3 wire,4 wire, etc.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wideb...spagenameZWDVW

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    kinch.... if there was an easier cheaper way, I"M SURE people would have pursued it. do a board search, u've been here for awhile now.... u've seen all the different gauges and setups. u CANNOT have a A/F gauge without sending your J pipe out and getting a bung welded into it.... unless u plan on getting a EMS kit then there's other alternatives.

Ya I was just hoping the idea was so out there, maybe no one tried it. I remember back when they were talking about A/F guages but they were using the waterbox and having problems.

I might give it a shot just to test the water concept. Just would cost me 20 dollars on a silicone joiner with an 02 hole. I'll just hook a hose to the o2 hole and feed it through the seats. I can try it on the hose if water doesn't come out then I'll take it to the water.

An AF reading at WOT is all I need. Doesn't need to be a permanent solution. I would like more information on prices to get welds but doesn't seem to be any information and I was also told not to take it to midas or exhaust company. I don't have many options on the weld.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information