Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

low fuel and f1 light

i was out today and was running low on fuel so i stayed out a little longer after my fuel buzzer was going off. went to the ramp started ski to get to trailer and then fuel injection light came on, sounded ok, went to the gas station figured that i never ran it that long with the fuel buzzer going off, she took 16.5 gallons , went back home to flush out salt water and f1 light came on again but was running a little rough then cleared up and f1 light went off but i noticed my boost gauge was reading 6psi at idle and pegged 15 when i reved it then back down to 6, everything sounded ok, shut it down started it back up still same thing, put in slo key and it was back to normal w/ boost gauge. put fpo key back in and it was back to normal.

could my bov be stuck or something or is it something electrical or a sensor?

what could be wrong with the fuel injection system, could it be that i ran it so low on gas that it was loosing fuel pressure? and thats what triggered the f1 light?

its going to the dealer tuesday

Check these 2 things out

If boost is showing anything other than 0 at idle you should check the BOV on the side of the intercooler (the metal one) what you need to do is remove the hose and hose clamp that is conected to it that runs to the air intake box it will be the large hose NOT the tiny little black one....then with the hose flush kit start the ski up and let it idle and listen you should hear a "air leak" kinda sound comming form that BOV that you just removed the hose form it should be rather lound air rushing sound...If you do not hear any air comming form that at idle that means that BOV is messed up is should be open atk low rpms (idle) and close at higher rpms (not much more that idle)

So let it run at idle and see if you hear the air leak sound if you do then rev it up just a bit and you should hear that BOV close up and you should no longer hear the air leaking form the BOV

If that BOV seems to work right then it could be the sensor in the back of the intercooler follow that wire it sould be routed on the side opposite of supercharger and there it should connect to a wire with a plastic plug on it (my plastic plug is white in color) See if that has come unpluged

If neither of those fix it I dont know what else it could be

Good Luck !
    Last edited by Ultra250xryder; 10-06-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Your tube from the manifold to the Relief valve may be off or leaking. You should hear a loud hissing if the return tube is off the valve during idle.

Check them today before taking it in.

will do thanks for the replys, as for the f1 light does anyone know anything about that?

thanks again

turn key on. press set button and the mode button for more than 3 seconds. it will then display the trouble code. look in manual for service code or report back here.

ok update. checked bov as per ultra250xryder's instructions and everything works fine, still checkin the manifold tube

now it doesent want to idle it will stall out, it revs fine but wants to die out when it goes to idle,

checked code and it came up in digital display as bOSt, not sure what this means

according to service manual that code indicates a problem with the inlet air pressure sensor. there are three pages of test to determine if the sensor is the problem. Let us know if you are capable of using and have a digital volt meter. As long as it is pluged in and you haven't screwed with anything it should be kawi's deal to warrenty the repair. i now see that your ski is stock (in your signature) so i would let kawi deal with this issue.
    Last edited by halfassjack; 10-07-2007 at 11:52 AM.

i have a digital multimeter (im an electrician) and know how to use it but like you said its stock and i should let kawi deal with this, allthough i would like to find the problem cuz im open to learing about this machine, any guidence would be helpfull, i am mechanicly inclined although these machines are diffrent

i also noticed a large black rubber tube sitting by my air filter box upfront looks like it fell out of the side of the airbox, could this be the culprit?

Quote Originally Posted by blu 250x View Post
    i have a digital multimeter (im an electrician) and know how to use it but like you said its stock and i should let kawi deal with this, allthough i would like to find the problem cuz im open to learing about this machine, any guidence would be helpfull, i am mechanicly inclined although these machines are diffrent

i also noticed a large black rubber tube sitting by my air filter box upfront looks like it fell out of the side of the airbox, could this be the culprit?

There are 4 large hoses inside the engine area of this ski that are not hooked up to anything there are 2 in the front by the airbox and 2 in the back behind the intercooler ....They are there as "vents"

The hose you say you see near your air box could be one of these....Best thing I could tell you to do is ...In the front storage area of your ski remove the storage box then inside that large area you'll see 2 white plastic removable pannels with black plastic push pins holding them in....Now remove the top one (the one that is more square) by pressing in on the center of each push pin til it pops...then you will need to move the ECU out of your way by just removeing the push pins the very same way as you did to remove the pannel ...then look inside the hole you just opened up and you should see 2 large plastic hoses just to the left and just to the right of that pannel hole they should lead up to the area just behing your speedometer and what not and the bottom of those hoses should lead to nothing they are there as I said to just vent air

Now the hoses I just told you about could be the hose you say you see sitting next to your air box....Now if is not either of the hoses I just told you about let us know and well see if we cant help you find where that hose should be
    Last edited by Ultra250xryder; 10-07-2007 at 01:26 PM.

no i know what the vent hoses are, sorry i should of been more descriptive, its a larger hose that bevels out and its only about 6-8 inches long it was laying beside the air box on the right side of the ski, there was a hole in the side of the airbox so i put 2 and 2 together and knew where it came from, i put it back in the side of the airbox, started it up and still have same problems,

thanks for the replys
    im dropping it off at the dealer tuesday

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information