Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Arrow Riva ecu vs Rotax ecu?

Im sure this question has been asked a couple of times but i couldnt find the answer using the search , So here it goes wich ecu is better the rotax racing or the riva racing wich offers the best performance and why?

Quote Originally Posted by gtxscrider View Post
    Im sure this question has been asked a couple of times but i couldnt find the answer using the search , So here it goes wich ecu is better the rotax racing or the riva racing wich offers the best performance and why?
    Before you think about performance, do you care about keeping your warranty or not having your antitheft that the DESS provides?

+1
    rotax racing offers the best performance because it has a more aggressive curve (about 100 rpms). rotax however has no security features. any key will work on your ski with the rotax racing ecu installed. riva is boost dependant, mapped for 50 lb injectors and has anti-theft security. the rotax does not void your warranty, the riva does. riva offers a 60 mph learner's key. i think that sums up almost everything.

To begin....the Rotax can be had with an 8600 rpm limit...the Riva only to 8500 rpm...this will make about a mph difference on top....(8500 RPM FOR RIVA NOT TRUE AS JERRY POINTS OUT BELOW...SORRY)

The Riva is Boost Sensitive and is 'programmed to run with 50# injectors...this programming makes for better fuel economy versus the Rotax...Riva and 50# injectors with suitable S/C is plug and go...Rotax requires more dialing in...

The Rotax can be (requires) a fuel controller of some sort, and be paired to larger injectors, if the need arises (turbo!)

There is the cost difference too...Rotax is more money!!!

Rotax means more power and speed...but it cost more money by way of fuel economy, fuel controller, and initial cost....

To answer your question...depends on what EXACTLY you are looking for...Ultimate power and potential for improvement with money not a factor means Rotax....Riva is easier and almost idiot proof if setup like instructed, and costs less initially and in each use....
    Last edited by ARNYGOLLOTT3; 10-07-2007 at 06:55 PM. Reason: CORRECTION FROM JERRY

Thanks for posting guys looks like ill be going with the rotax racing ecu i require every last psi , hp , and rpm from this gtx.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ARNYGOLLOTT3 View Post
    To begin....the Rotax can be had with an 8600 rpm limit...the Riva only to 8500 rpm...this will make about a mph difference on top

Incorrect! Both the Riva and Rotax Racing ECU's have 8650 rev limiters.

8500 is probably a familiar number to you as most of us pitch our impellers to run at 8500-8550 RPM's to stay off the limiter.

I have also made 2 different RXP's go faster with Riva ECU's than with Rotax ECU's. 83+ mph

The Riva ECU seems to back out a bit of timing at high boost levels and high RPM's, but this is a good thing. High boost and lots of timing can spell disaster.
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 10-07-2007 at 06:49 PM.

Jerry you teach me something everytime you type...

I stand corrected...that is news to me, I have thought for sometime now that the Riva only went to 8500....do both make their peak power at the same 'sweet spot' on the rmp curve...as I know (or thought I did) that Riva backs out timing...?

I need to finish this lesson Jerry...thanks

I have a riva ecu and any one can start my ski 07 riva

+1
    I have never verified it with a stalker ATS, but the Riva ECU feels like it has more bottom end. Power does seem to taper off above 8400 RPM's when running a Rude Charger so that leads me to believe that its pulling timing, as it should.

On the other hand, i have never had a problem with detonation running a Rude Charger with a Rotax ECU at high RPM's.

+1
    Jerry, do you know if riva will be able to program one their ecus at finals?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information