Thread: hard question

hard question

does anyone know how to take the hood off an rxp??? im trying to seperate the hood from the black bottom so i can take off the black top that holds down the front of the tubes. steps would be good in this topic.

+1
    i took off my hood once (even though i ended up not having to in order to do what i was trying to do)..
    if you're talking about removing the entire hood with mirrors and gauges what you have to do is just take a look.
    there are bolts that need to come out and it's that simple.
    just watch out that the one springy clip does not fall into the hull or you might have a long night trying to find it.
    you'll have to also disconnect the wires to the gauges. it's simple though with the mechanisms seadoo created for the wiring.

+1
    just went out to take a peek at it cuz im so dedicated.
    undo the 1 allen (small size). it's on the L shaped pin that holds the hood down.
    take the little plastic caps off the bolts and undo the bolts.
    take the front storage bucket out and disconnect the clips that link the wiring.
    still be careful about the little springy clip falling. it's a bitch to get back on as well.
    it was somewhat hard for me to get the hood back into the right position and get it all back together with all the hydrolic crap going on.
    if you don't NEED to detach it, i suggest you don't.
    the front of the tubes you're talking about are attached by nothing more than a fastex dart.
    i'm not sure what holds them in on the other side though.
    good luck and don't leave a lead light sitting on your plastic while it's on!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    do urself a favor and take the hood off as one assembly and lay the hood down in a room in your house with nice carpeting so u dont scratch it all up.

you need to take the latch off, all the 5.5mm little screws, and a few other 10mm bolts hidden and scattered about.

dont force the hood halves apart... if u can't get it apart, it's because you overlooked some hidden bolts and screws.

what exactly are you trying to do, i'm confused? there's really nothing that you can't do to the hood with the halves still together

well im not trying to take the enitre hood off the jet, sorry for not being more detailed, im trying to take the white cover/hood off the part that is attached to the hydraulic arm that you were talkiing about taking off. i realy appreciate you checking things out for me...

shibbs im trying to take off the black plastic piece of the nose of the hood that lays on the tubes on top by the plastic wind deflector. me and this other guy on this forum are swapping air scoops and that black piece. he wants my black and i want his chrome.

Thread Information