Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    go fast or go home

Thumbs up Carb kits for sl650std

Hey all:
    Again thanks for all the help, the ski ran great all summer till the very end. I then had some carb problems, which I figured would happen as the ski had sat for 2 years without being run before I bought it. It still has great compression,110-115 on all cylinders with the throttle wide open, good spark also on all. The problem is with the PTO cylinder this plug is fouled looking but not gassey or wet, I believe that it is oil fouling because of no fuel getting to this jug. Anyway I would like to get rebuild kits for the carbs on here, but I don't want to pay what the dealer wants for these, any suggestions? I want genuine Mikuni parts, no after market stuff. also can you suggest a new impeller for this ski that would be an improvement from the OEM one, but also not real pricey as the lake we run on is rocky shored for the most part, and the ski is used by younger riders who don't know any better than to start it close to shore. Thanks for the help as always you all have been a great! and the forum is great also, with the links to the tech. stuff.

+1
    Carb kits can be had for around $45 on e-bay. What year is the 650? The early ones had a 146mm pump and the later ones a 148mm pump.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by shphd57 View Post
    ...a new impeller for this ski that would be an improvement from the OEM one, but also not real pricey as the lake we run on is rocky shored for the most part, and the ski is used by younger riders who don't know any better than to start it close to shore...
    I think others here might suggest you review your training policy regarding the operation of your PWC.

If the younger riders (actually, any age rider) cannot be taught to ensure there is plenty of water under the boat before they run it, are there other prudent PWC operating practices that are also being given short shrift?

The SL650 was the lowest powered PWC made by Polaris, but that does not mean it doesn't need to be respected. It can certainly hurt people, and must be operated properly.

Used improperly, or without fully understanding the skills required and the risks involved, any PWC can become a source of grief.

We all want you to enjoy owning and using your Polaris. And we want you and yours to be safe while doing so.
    Take care.

go fast or go home
    Sorry about that, forgot to put the year in. It's a 1995 sl650std with tripple mikunis, I believe they are BN models or could be super BN's not sure. So I can look for them on E-bay, just to make sure they are the correct ones, do you know off hand the cc's of these carbs? As for the impeller and rocks, all the young riders have taken a riders course thru the state DNR, It has been a lean year for rain/snow in the northwoods and our lake level is down 2', needless to say it is hard on the ski as far as getting it away from the shore, also kind of hard on the boat props (2 this year) can I llok for an impeller on E-bay also? what kind would you recomend?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    You have (3) Super BN 38mm Mikuni carbs. What kind of performance are you looking to get from an impeller? better holeshot and pulling passanger better? Or top speed? Rare to get both from one impeller.

+1
    i have genuine mikuni kits & parts here in stock. ( no need for e-bay).

send me an email, and i can help out.

we may be able to "put together" a kit for you, as your carbs do NOT have the fuel pumps attached, and with the std mikuni SBN kits, you will have LOTS of extra parts left over, that you really don't need to pay for.

i have many diampragms, gaskets, internal filters ect here seperately.

zig

go fast or go home

impellor

I was looking for a nice meduim, It runs like 38 mph with my fat but on it, this is with GPS unit. Is that about right for this one, or should it go faster? It takes out of the hole pretty good, a little slow with 2 adults on it, takes it a while to plan out.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    What year ride is it? 92-93 have different pumps than a 94 and newer.

go fast or go home
    It's a 1995 sl650std

I'm 260 and my 650 was upper 40's gps on less than glass so you need some tunning for sure and maybe a quick compression test also you can save some $ and buy just the mikuni Diaphragm's and then get new needles and seat with the money you saved but open the carbs first to verify condition

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information