Help on Winterize 2007 150 speedseter

live in St. Augustine florida and was wonder when and how to winterize my seadoo speedster. All the tech articles here refer to the ski's, what about the boats. Also is winterizing in florida needed? If not how can I avoid any potential frost damage like on those 1 or 2 days where the temp goes below 32. Also I don't have a garage so the boat is stored outside in the backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by fugazi View Post
    live in St. Augustine florida and was wonder when and how to winterize my seadoo speedster. All the tech articles here refer to the ski's, what about the boats. Also is winterizing in florida needed? If not how can I avoid any potential frost damage like on those 1 or 2 days where the temp goes below 32. Also I don't have a garage so the boat is stored outside in the backyard.

Anyone know if I need to winterize the boat in florida with no garage? If so when should it be done like temperature wise? (like anytime below 40?)

I can't imagine that you'd need to winterize in Florida. Isn't your season all year round? I know a lot of people in Florida say it is. I live in San Diego and have not winterized a pwc or boat in the 8-9 years that I've owned them. At the most, I might have gone 4 or 5 months w/out using a pwc (I had in the past), which would be the same as these boats.

Actually I do a little bit of 'winterizing'. If I know I'm not going to use the boat for more than a month, I put in a little fuel stabil. That's it, though.

I don't think you Florida guys have to worry about winterizations. If you are a salt water rider just flush the engine if its going to sit for a while. If you are worried about those one or two days you get close to freezing, get a troublelight, turn it on and hang it in the engine compartment. Leave the hatch slightly open so it does't get to hot.

Thread Information