+1

Riva Plate and only an additional .3 mph????

Now that the season is just about over, my ski is running great. I can run all day and there is almost no water inside, back to normal! My ride plate is installed but the results were less than spectacular. Before the ride plate, I ran a 68.7. The weather was about 75 degrees with little humidity. Today, the weather was hot and humid. Temp was around 85 and the humidity was high when I rode, but I topped out at 69.0. I thought for sure I would hit 70, but it didn't happen. The weather is going to be in the mid 50s this weekend and as long as it is not raining, I will be riding cause I want 70. The wedge is still in, but not for good. People said that if you take it out, you lose speed. I forgot what the power in these machines was like cause I was running without it for so long. Rpms were steady at 7850 even with the humidity and heat which was good. Damn the pittsburgh humidity! Glad to be back though!

+1
    Humidity is a speed killer but it should have run a little quicker than that. Do you still have the R&D intake grate installed? Could be scrubbing some speed.
    I'm running a stock one that has been cleaned up.
    Jimmy

+1
    Never got around to putting the intake grate on. I had to get everything else fixed before doing anything else.

+1
    My experience here in Fl is barometric pressure and humidity make a huge difference.

I ran 68.8 middle of summer at 95F, but at that temp humidity was down and barometric pressure was over 30.

Now, temp has dropped some the last couple of weeks, but the wind has been very high and humidity has been real high. With the plate I seem to be able to run 69 no matter what I do. Full tank, half tank, almost empty I run close to 69. I have not had a good day to run since I installed the plate.

Saturday I hope to get a good day to run.

Point being, if humidity is high performance suffers.

+1
    Took it out for the final time of the year on sunday. Conditions were perfect. 75 degrees and low humidity. Top speed maxed out at 69.4, which is .4 higher than the last time. Rpm's were a consistent 7850 with a lot of time above 7900. Oil did smell like there was a lot of gas in it, even though I only have about 6 hours on it since the last change. I probably need to flush the intercooler again. I want 70 bad! That will have to wait till next year. Any other suggestions as to why I only gained .7 mph with the ride plate? I expected more. I still have the wedge in. If I take it out, what should I expect to lose? The crank case ventilator is definitely on my to do list. If R & D ever releases that intercooler kit that skip was talking about, that will be done as well. If the finances are right, I will probably go ahead with the pulley kit as well.

+1
    I found the same thing with the riva plate, very little if any gain in speed or rpm, with the R&D top loader I went slower than standard. I see BEAGLEMAN62 said he cleaned up the stock grate, has anyone cut the bar that runs across the grate out? Do you think its just there for strength.

Thread Information