Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

ge capital credit seadoo card b careful

• bought a new rxp a couple of months ago ...sitting at the sales persons desk he comes back and tell me great you are approved for 13500 at 8.99 % ...cool as i expected ...we work the # come back the next day to pick up my ski ..and the only paperwork i got was... 1 count them 1 piece..... basically the buyers order showing i purchased the ski and a trailer ....a month goes buy i get my first bill shows min due of 179 ...ok still buying stuff for it i send them 200 ...didnt really even look at it ...the next month comes and i glance at the bill and i went 30$ backwards >>>> i look down at the intrest rate and it is 14 .?? for 2 years then It goes up to 21 ??huh? I am like so i go to the dealer and they tell me they probably typed in the wrong promo code ..they will call and take care of it ..and call me in a couple of days.... ok ..could have been a mistake ....i go back a week later after not hearing from them ..they tell me i didnt qualify for the 8.99 (i have over a 700 beacon and i was approved while i was there) ...and i was stuck ...called ge they said tey couldn do anything about it ....i know what is on my credit ....when i closed the account,, ge wouldnt even fax a pay off to my bank said they had to snail mail it ...we will see if it showes up a payoff is only good for 10 days mail will tak 3 to 4 of them need less to say both the dealer in stuart fla and ge and ?seadoo lost a customer over it ...so be careful financing through seadoo...anyone else had a similar situation ???

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i wouldn't particularly blame that on seadoo OR GE... that's just a crappy office manager / finance department at the dealership.

sorry to hear about your misfortune... similar finance BS occurs among some of the dealers around here as well, and its the dealers doing it... some intentionally, some just because they are clueless.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    • bought a new rxp a couple of months ago ...sitting at the sales persons desk he comes back and tell me great you are approved for 13500 at 8.99 % ...cool as i expected ...we work the # come back the next day to pick up my ski ..and the only paperwork i got was... 1 count them 1 piece..... basically the buyers order showing i purchased the ski and a trailer ....a month goes buy i get my first bill shows min due of 179 ...ok still buying stuff for it i send them 200 ...didnt really even look at it ...the next month comes and i glance at the bill and i went 30$ backwards >>>> i look down at the intrest rate and it is 14 .?? for 2 years then It goes up to 21 ??huh? I am like so i go to the dealer and they tell me they probably typed in the wrong promo code ..they will call and take care of it ..and call me in a couple of days.... ok ..could have been a mistake ....i go back a week later after not hearing from them ..they tell me i didnt qualify for the 8.99 (i have over a 700 beacon and i was approved while i was there) ...and i was stuck ...called ge they said tey couldn do anything about it ....i know what is on my credit ....when i closed the account,, ge wouldnt even fax a pay off to my bank said they had to snail mail it ...we will see if it showes up a payoff is only good for 10 days mail will tak 3 to 4 of them need less to say both the dealer in stuart fla and ge and ?seadoo lost a customer over it ...so be careful financing through seadoo...anyone else had a similar situation ???
    Shit like this is why I will stick to my credit union till the day I die. They always give me great rates (4.9% on my RXP) on shit and never try to pull the wool over my eyes. Sorry they are kinda giving you the stiff buddy. Refinance with some other agency and be done with GE.

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Shit like this is why I will stick to my credit union till the day I die. They always give me great rates (4.9% on my RXP) on shit and never try to pull the wool over my eyes. Sorry they are kinda giving you the stiff buddy. Refinance with some other agency and be done with GE.
    Now it is used, and most creditors will not give the price that he probably owes unless he got a great deal on it!

i easily got it refinaced ...but still ...probably incompedent dealer ...when i went in for my 10 hour service i ask 4 seperate people what i was paying 200 for other than an oil change not 1 could tell me ...that makes me feel real good that it got done properly ...???do you need the key to reset the rev limiter??? they said they did it but the called me later and said they didt have the key to do it ...then said they had master keys>???to do it either way i felt BSéd stuart yamaha in florida beware of them

they refinance it as new thankfully,,, just have to have it insured which was a bit stout but i would rather pay it for insurance than in iterest at least if something happens i am not sol...what are you guys paying for full coverage i am 41 clean record

+1
    yamahas credit is also financed by G.E Moneybank. When i purchased my 06 i had 2 options, both at 8.9%. One was a revolving yamaha credit line(same as a credit card) The other was an installment plan. i chose the installment plan. I know the finance rate can never change,even if i have a late payment(i'd have to pay a late fee of $40) but the rate cant change.

$10k+ is alot of money to pay off over a few years on a revolving type credit where if for some reason things dont go right(lost mail,forget to make payment on time,low funds that month) your interest rate can increase and cost you much more in the long run.

i had my r1 finance through ge i an installment set up PAYED IT OFF IN ABOUT 2 YEARS LOVE THAT BIKE BY THE WAY i didnt ask for a credit card i really think kit was dealer B.S.

GE will not FAX it. The will mail it and it takes about a week.

The dealer knows what finance rate you qualify for. You should also as it is clearly stated on the contract.

GE has nothing to do with the contract they are merely the lender. I had excellent service from GE. Many times I would forget to mail the payment, most of my bills are via net, and they would give me a courtesy call a couple of days prior to the due date.

Seadoo appeared to have some decent play now pay later. Looking at the terms the programs really sucked.

My credit unions had what I considered high rates but a hell of a lot better than 13 to 24%.

What people need to realize is you dont have to sign the contract right then and there. Also, you credit unions or banks will gladly look over any financing contract and assist you. It is really part of what they do for their customers.

Insurance with joining the AWA was $261

if your insurance doesn't cover it but wants to put it under homeowners, bad idea. The recent changes in homeowner insurance almost limit the number of claims and in turn the ins companies will increase the rates or drop policy holders. I have been recommended to keep it seperate.

http://www.skisafe.com/
    http://www.watercraftinsurance.com/

I NEED TO CHECK IN TO THE INSURANCE... DRIVE WAS 750 A YEAR I THOUGHT THAT WAS STEEP..MY HEAD ISNT WHAT I SHOULD BE HOLDING I CAN SWITCH IT

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information