Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

Thru Hull Bilge Fitting Placement

Would this be an ok place to install it? Water does splash up to this area while boarding. If I attach the hose inside high enough water won't enter. I don't want to put it thru the plastic. Any down falls to this? Opinions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bilgefitting_202.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	686.7 KB 
ID:	3054  

I have seen someone else mount there's in that spot. I'd like to do dual bilge pumps to make it look symmetrical.

If you look on the right side of your pump support if you pull your pump off, there is a piece that is in the pump support that is not being used, you can drill a hole inside of it and connect a hose eliminating having to drill in the glass. Also you can use a float switch to run to your pump.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JRW1484
    If you look on the right side of your pump support if you pull your pump off, there is a piece that is in the pump support that is not being used, you can drill a hole inside of it and connect a hose eliminating having to drill in the glass. Also you can use a float switch to run to your pump.
    won't water go INTO the hull at idle since this is AT or below the waterline? i could be wrong

Is that next to the tow ring ?
    I thought about that spot but didn't want to comprimise the strength of the ring when pulling a tube.

+1
    No it wont I had my 2001 RX drilled out in that spot and it worked great..
    But I wanted it somewhere that I could see it. So I would know if water was comming out. So on my Xp I put a nice UMI billit outlet on the front top side of the hull. It is nice.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    how do you guys mount / secure the actual pump to the bottom of the hull? after seeing and reagding all the bilge pump threads, i never see an actual bracket or the final finished product secured and mounted down in the bottom

don't tell me you make a mound of putty or JB weld and smush it in there and it stays in place

When I receive my Bracket for it shib and get it mounted I will post a pic...

Red Devil has a pick of how he mounted it and thats just how I am going too...

we have to buy a bracket and secure it to the pump housing wall, and let it over hang about 4 inchs, and JB weld it there for support, because we have the Depth finder.

But if you dont there should be a nice flat round spot right behind your S/C perfect for mounting it. Just use some 3M 5200 on the Blue strainer think and pop it in there.

+1
    i mounted the fitting in the same place except on the left side, and when you install the riva thru hull you cant hook the hose up to it, so whatever you do, dont put it on the left side unless you just want a dummy fitting, just a little something i incountered this past week when i put my exhaust in, i used marine epoxy to secure the pump

+1
    Steve mine came with a very nice bracket and I secured it around the fiberglass of the through hull carbon ring. It looks real nice, but they do sit at an angle. But yes, Some directions call for you to glue the cap down first and then the pump clips in place. That looks awesome as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information