+1

2006 GP1300R pissers

I was riding my 06 GP yesterday and noticed something i have not since putting 35 hrs on it. I dont think i really have paid that much attention to it at idle, but notice during throttle up and on a plane the pisser really throw out water. Yesterday i rode and went to the shore for a while and then got back on the ski. When i started it, i heard a hiss and saw steam coming out of the pisser holes on both sides. Now, is this normal for it to take a sec. for the water to start coming back out or should it start coming out as soon as it starts. I just had never noticed the steam coming out before. I am assuming that is the water being picked up and splashing the exhaust inside. If some one could let me know, i would be very thankful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    I was riding my 06 GP yesterday and noticed something i have not since putting 35 hrs on it. I dont think i really have paid that much attention to it at idle, but notice during throttle up and on a plane the pisser really throw out water. Yesterday i rode and went to the shore for a while and then got back on the ski. When i started it, i heard a hiss and saw steam coming out of the pisser holes on both sides. Now, is this normal for it to take a sec. for the water to start coming back out or should it start coming out as soon as it starts. I just had never noticed the steam coming out before. I am assuming that is the water being picked up and splashing the exhaust inside. If some one could let me know, i would be very thankful.

Thanks
    It's normal. Mine does that too. Also, when you stop, you might see some exhaust smoke coming out of those holes for a min. or so. Don't worry about that. It is normal too.

African-American
    +1
    ouch, the poor fellow that rides behind you guys.

My biggest problem with the spout, is that when i would do a sharp turn or dive the nose...

The spray would fall and hit me on the head.

Day 1, fisrt mod => hoseclamp.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    ouch, the poor fellow that rides behind you guys.

My biggest problem with the spout, is that when i would do a sharp turn or dive the nose...

The spray would fall and hit me on the head.

Day 1, fisrt mod => hoseclamp.
    Not that spout. We are talking about the 2 pissers under the rub rail towards the front of the ski. There is one on each side. My spout was plugged a long time ago.

African-American
    +1
    haha...

oh those...

Thread Information