Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

To go Stage 3++ at 100 hours or not...?

I have just put 100 hours on the 05 RXP...85 hours were with stock motor except metal s/c washers and riva power filter...I have since put 15 hours with the mods in my signature below, a stage 2+ boat basically.

I want to go full stage 3++, should I be concerned about engine hours at this point...?
    I know these 4-tecs are capable of two and three times this much, but is that standard life or exceptional...? The boat's previous owner took GREAT care of the ski, that is apparent to all who have looked and worked on it with me. I have taken equally great care of the ski, could probably count on my fingers how many times I have had it unhooked...I am a conservative driver...I love RELIABILITY but this speed bug is really sinking its teeth into me...

Looking for reassurance that my 100 hour boat has lots of life left in it...even if it gets highly modified and still receives the meticulous care it deserves/requires!

Do a compression test, if all is good, I say go for it!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ARNYGOLLOTT3 View Post
    I have just put 100 hours on the 05 RXP...85 hours were with stock motor except metal s/c washers and riva power filter...I have since put 15 hours with the mods in my signature below, a stage 2+ boat basically.

I want to go full stage 3++, should I be concerned about engine hours at this point...?
    I know these 4-tecs are capable of two and three times this much, but is that standard life or exceptional...? The boat's previous owner took GREAT care of the ski, that is apparent to all who have looked and worked on it with me. I have taken equally great care of the ski, could probably count on my fingers how many times I have had it unhooked...I am a conservative driver...I love RELIABILITY but this speed bug is really sinking its teeth into me...

Looking for reassurance that my 100 hour boat has lots of life left in it...even if it gets highly modified and still receives the meticulous care it deserves/requires!
    Good question since my boat has 107 hours on it i would like to see this one answerd .

+1
    Arny--I have a 2004 RXP. At 42 hours Jerry did a complete Stage 111 build using a Rude SC. I now have about 137 hours--most of them over 75 MPH. I did install a water filter for the intercooler and also a ground wire from the intercooler to the engine block. I have had no issues whatsoever. I have changed the engine oil and filter several times and thats it. Go for it and lets ride.

70 hours on mine and started at Stage III. Seems good. Yesterday 88 degrees still touching 82mph.

+1
    I have 60hrs on stage 3 and just over 100 on the ski.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    hows this for a reliable 4-tec with just about 300 hours before a failure as a rotax racing stage 3 ski

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25985

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Arny--I have a 2004 RXP. At 42 hours Jerry did a complete Stage 111 build using a Rude SC. I now have about 137 hours--most of them over 75 MPH. I did install a water filter for the intercooler and also a ground wire from the intercooler to the engine block. I have had no issues whatsoever. I have changed the engine oil and filter several times and thats it. Go for it and lets ride.
    What is the issue with a ground wire from the IC to The Block ?
    Not heared of it before might help some of use out

Thanks

+1
    I have 100 hours on my Stage 2 RXP with no issues. I have the bug also and just added the Stage 3 S/C, 42's and Metal I/C pipes. I think it should be good for a long time once serviced and maintained properly.

I try to change the oil often and inspect the I/C all the time to keep water out of the motor.

Arny i have been over 77 mph since 12 hrs now at 80+mph 106 hrs runs fine....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information