Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1

NE Caravan to Mudbug

who's down.... i can pull a 4 place with the F150 and one in the bed on a custom rack.

or may be pulling something bigger if i go diesel in the next two months.... let me know who is down.....

better hurry up, only 246 days to go...
    (but who's counting???)

JP

+1
    your 400 miles closer but i guarantee i will arrive before you...

if i can get away from work i'm in..........rich

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i'm definitely going.... would love to make arrangements with a few people. I no longer have my 4-place trailer that i used last year to go with another forum member and some skis.... and i know i can't make the trip solo with just me both for driving reasons and gas expense reasons, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    i'm definitely going.... would love to make arrangements with a few people. I no longer have my 4-place trailer that i used last year to go with another forum member and some skis.... and i know i can't make the trip solo with just me both for driving reasons and gas expense reasons, lol
    shibby, where are you? north jersey? lemme know maybe we could get a crew from here and go down...........rich

+1
    if someone provides the trailer, i will drive....

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rwells173 View Post
    shibby, where are you? north jersey? lemme know maybe we could get a crew from here and go down...........rich
    look under my username... LONG ISLAND, lol...

this past year there were three 4-place trailers that left NY/NJ area... Vman and myself took my 4-place down ourselves on like tuesday or wednesday we left? ...... on thursday the other 2 4-place trailers left from NJ together

once end of winter comes along i usually keep my eyes open for 4-place trailers cheap or a boat trailer that could be easily converted to carry skis... go to mudbug, come back and sell the trailer. I can't store the trailers, so i just buy it, use it once and sell it.

+1
    When the date gets closer, we'll start solidifying the plans to drive down. I'm thinking of picking up a four-place over the winter myself.

One problem is trying to get everyone to leave and come back north on the same days... I'd like to leave Tue in the afternoon/ evening to get down by Wed night (grab a meal and then crash hard after driving through) and start riding Thrs. We left to come home on Monday after having breakfast.

One thing that hurt Shib and I last year was a last minute cancellation (really my fault). This year i won't just be taking somebody's word that they are going... I'll be asking them to back up their commitment financially. It cost us around $900 in fuel for the round trip and 20 hours driving time- so we lost a third of that by the cancellation and could not fill that spot on the trailer with just a few days notice.

We had a spot on the four place and a brand new tow vehicle and couldn't even get anyone that wanted to make the trip for just the price of gas and a little driving time!! Heck, I think towards the end Shib was even offering to share his room with any takers for FREE (especially if they were female)!

Next year's Pilgrimage will be planned out much better- of that I'm sure. It's all worth it... great event.

+1
    i've done the long distance drive to and from florida quite a few times... going to mudbug is the same distance as me driving to west palm beach..... if i behave myself i can do the drive in 16-18 hours.

tuesday afternoon/ evening sounds good... get into town wednesday afternoon sleep and ride thursday....

we might be doing it in a quad cab diesel.............

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information