Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SeaDoocer

O/T Cashiers check on Ebay?

I'm selling some skis on Ebay and I had somone who wants to buy them and ship them to Australia. He says he will give a large down payment but will pay the balance in cashiers check. He claims this gives him some security while giving me all the remaining money when I deliver the skis.

Does any of you guy's have any experience with this? I would appreciate any advice you can give me. It's much appreciated. Thanks

Wayne

My personal take without knowing any thing else and it being ebay and an overseas transaction I would be very cautious of the handling of the money.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDoocer View Post
    I'm selling some skis on Ebay and I had somone who wants to buy them and ship them to Australia. He says he will give a large down payment but will pay the balance in cashiers check. He claims this gives him some security while giving me all the remaining money when I deliver the skis.

Does any of you guy's have any experience with this? I would appreciate any advice you can give me. It's much appreciated. Thanks

Wayne
    Don't do it!

Married the love of my Life Mayday 2008 SuperCharged03's Avatar
    My G/F works for a bank, so I asked her for you. She says it's ok for a cashiers check, just tell the buyer nothing will be shipped untill AFTER the funds clear. There is a lot of fraud on e-bay with cashiers checks in the past. So my advice.. Hold on to the skis UNTILL the check clears your bank, usually takes 7-10 days domestic money. Depends on what country the funds are drawn on. Foreign is a entirely diferent ball game... Good luck.

SeaDoocer
    Well, I can understand why he would want a little security. Unless he has somone who could do the transaction here in the states for him. Does he still have that security if I accept cashiers check up front, let it clear and then deliver to L.A.?

Muddy,how

SeaDoocer
    Well, I can understand why he would want a little security. Unless he has somone who could do the transaction here in the states for him. Does he still have that security if I accept cashiers check up front, let it clear and then deliver to L.A.?

Muddy,how can I convince him that I'm an honest guy? lol

why are you delivering the skis to LA.
    Does he have an agent that will take care of the shipping from there?
    Will the remainder of the balance, say 40% to 60% of the total transaction, be delivered then?

SeaDoocer
    I am charging him to do the delivery and it's worth it to me to be able to do it! He said he would arrange the cashiers check but has not given any final details yet. I am going to check with my bank tomorrow and ask for further advice. I'm sure, as he stated that he buys these skis often and has a good record, that he's selling them over in Australia for a pretty penny.

I am wondering if he is using a cashiers check...

My thoughts on it.. Let me tell you what happened to me... After getting the request from them for me to send the money western union to TWO accounts in Nevada (and the ski was in New York) I think you know where this is going...... Just keep looking for another buyer!!!! Some checks are not worth the paper..... ship nothing til it clears!

good plan......
    if it works out perhaps a number of hulksters may have an outlet to sell off their skis quickly.
    let us know how it goes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information