Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: drained battery

+1

drained battery

What could drain the battery on a rxp after just 2 weeks of it sitting up.Now this battery is only 3 months old and has been hook up to a battery tender but not the last 2 weeks before it went dead.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    what year RXP buddydooooo... 04-05 i'd say check the TOPS valve for malfunction... they have often failed and killed batteries.

that's the first thing that comes to mind so far

+1
    Will shibby,its my 04 with the problem with the magneto not chargeing the battery when it is running after that SC bearing failure but nothing fail in the pto house,could it be something shorted out when the engine locked up and I tried cranking her over a couple of times.

+1
    oh boy.. that's right

what are you planning on doing about fixing the charging system? remind me again, how did the SC failure result.. anything wind up in the motor, what broke, what was missing off the shaft, or nothing was missing off the SC shaft? i forget the whole story exactly

+1
    The front bearing crapped out,but all bearings were still in the casing. I had remember cranking her over with it like this with the plugs out before I found that it was the SC that locked up the engine.

+1
    I guess it's time to pull the engine and crack open the pto housing and see what kind of miss there is in there,hopfully none.I've put over 10 hrs on it after the SC was rebuilt with that dam battery not charging and the red light on the info center blanking. Hell,I have that new 155 speedster to ride till its fixed,but I miss my RXP.

+1
    u know it's not charging the battery bc u put a voltmeter on the battery terminals while the motor was running right?

have you changed the voltage regulator at all yet? if not, take the one out of the boat and see if it charges the battery.

otherwise... yeaaaa, i guess ur crackin open the pto cover in the off-season

+1
    Buddy, do as Shibb suggests, and if it's gotta come out I got the parts u will need. If u are unsure of the job, bring that engine here and toss it on the tranny bench, bring a pto cover gasket and get the late-model hardened flywheel bolts 'cause it's '04. We can do it in no time....

+1
    Yes,I tried running it with a voltage meter on the battery and it only shows right under 12 V and I put a new voltage regulator and no different. Thinks for the offer ZO6 we'll have to doo that.I'll have to order the parts.Do you have room for a doudle trailer,rememeber I have 2 rxp's.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by buddydoo View Post
    Yes,I tried running it with a voltage meter on the battery and it only shows right under 12 V and I put a new voltage regulator and no different. Thinks for the offer ZO6 we'll have to doo that.I'll have to order the parts.Do you have room for a doudle trailer,rememeber I have 2 rxp's.
    I remember, the taxi and the sour-power......lol. Doesn't the green ski have like close to 300hrs. on it now or what? And did u get the red boat we were looking at that day? I wanted to ask u about the fuel consumption after u had it for a while.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information