Thread: gas

gas

hey guys,

new to the form and i am lookin to get an rxp spring of next year. I was just wondering how long will the fuel last in the rxp, my xp is horrible. thnxs n sorry for the dumb question,

also, do all the rxp's need the washers switched out, or only certain years.
    Last edited by italanboy; 10-09-2007 at 11:21 PM.

+1
    all years of the super charged engines need the washers switched out, that includes rxp rxt and gtx sc, basically if it has a SC it needs a washer upgrade if you plan on riding it hard. your definition of hard riding and my definition might be different, so look around this forum , see if you fall into the high risk category for washer failure... will this be your first PWC, do you know how to let off the throttle when the pump comes unhooked, what kind of conditions do you ride in? these are all factors to consider.
    what model year XP are you riding?? i assume its a carb model. the xpdi got excellent gas mileage compared to all other skis old carbys and new 4tecs.
    the rxp will probably get about the same mileage as your old xp, however its got a bigger tank to compensate. 16 gallon tank.
    after every ride i go on , usually 2-3 hours long, i top of my GTX SC, it takes 6-8 gallons, or about 1/2 a tank full.

+1
    You know, at slower speeds, I think the RXP gets pretty okay mileage. I'd go out on a limb and say better than any of the XP models at less than full throttle speeds. At WOT, it DOES help to have a big gas tank.

+1
    I have gone 5 hrs on a 1/2 tank of gas, with two WOT runs. That day I was with a fellow employee on a XP, average speed was about 45-50 mph. We would have gone longer but he was low on gas.

A couple of weekends ago I went through 13 gallons of gas in 2 hrs, WOT for 1/2 hr straight no backing off, the other 1 1/2 was doing 50-60 mph. This same day I spent over $100 in gas, 2 trips to the gas pump.

The best I have got was 6 gallons gas in 10 hrs, that day I went to a lake gathering with some old college friends, did more drinking that riding.

Gas comsumption is how you drive it and how much you drive it. I average about 5 hrs on a tank of gas. Times I mention are actual time by my watch, not the hour meter on my RXT, speeds are the Dream-O-Meter speeds not GPS.

thanks guys, my xp is horrible, within 2 hrs around 30-40mph i am close to empty, i just ride in the conn. river. When u say u have to know when the impeller becomes "unhooked" u mean when u catch a little air or hit a wave and come out of the water, right?

Quote Originally Posted by italanboy View Post
    hey guys,

new to the form and i am lookin to get an rxp spring of next year. I was just wondering how long will the fuel last in the rxp, my xp is horrible. thnxs n sorry for the dumb question,

also, do all the rxp's need the washers switched out, or only certain years.
    I know most guys measure fuel useage in hours because the took the darn odometer off the later model doos...I use my gps and go by mileage. My friends RXP and my RXT with 42# injectors can run 75 miles on a tank (16 gals) of gas. Thats WOT runs and 45 crusing runs. This ain't too bad. Nice days ride!!

Thread Information