Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: My Other Toy

  1. #1
    Flynfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sunny SC
    Posts
    682

    Talking My Other Toy

    I've owned her since '97 and she's gone from Mild to Wild but she's still a work in progress. I nicknamed her "10"; you can draw your own conclusions .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FOX.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	739.7 KB 
ID:	41375  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Flynfox; 10-11-2007 at 06:16 AM.


  2. #2
    MVR 155's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bartlett, Illinois
    Posts
    228
    Sweet car... like a very clean fox body stang (dont see too many nice ones anymore), sounds nice too. What kind of set up you got.... 347?... N/A, FI or nitrous?

    I had a 92 LX 5.0 hatch, just a few bolt ons (this was back in 95), it went 13.90'[email protected] on regular radials. Went to a 94 Cobra after that then I got hooked on Vettes.... 1992 Coupe, 1994 Coupe, 1996 Grand Sport Coupe (this car went 10.90's @127+ with heads/cam and a 150 shot on a drag radial), currently have a 2002 Z06 with a couple of bolt ons (headers, intake and tune) best ET is [email protected]

  3. #3
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    the shop is now building a beast slightly faster with a cage cert'd to 7.50's

    i am gonna have a bunch of fox stuff for sale with in the next few weeks.

    first things up are going to be a 87 LX Coupe rolling chassis with a cage cert to 8.50's will get pics up soon....

  4. #4
    HORSEPOWER JUNKIE 9secZO6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Belle Chasse, La.
    Posts
    2,006
    +1
    1
    Geezus man, 93....I feel like an old timer...these are the cars I grew up with and got most all of my skills with. Had a 79' capri rs 302 stick, was a 351w with "dooe" heads (70' 4v). Got a 9" rear and in 86 they come out w/ the 8.8 go figure. Anyway got a new 86 gt in august, by christmas I was working on cooling issues w/ my 460 bb and c-6 set-up (serpentine belt w/ a/c and all) I laugh because it snowed in new orleans that year and the car was hot All this was under the stock hood using a 83 stang scoop only. Parked at the lake w/ a cheater jetted for 175 u would never know what u were getting into, hell, the chevy guys NEVER EVEN knew what they were looking at. Anyway, it got so bad w/ people showing up w/ 79' stangs and stolen parts to make them look like 93s. I don't care but all the crap and trouble that follow some of those guys dictated and change for me. I went by "Prof5.0" and next thing u know I drive a 93 formula w/ lt1 and never looked back. Ist vette I ever owned was a 96 and right away I put my bird motor (402LT1) and got 6 9sec passes in a row on a motor that went a best of 10.29 in the bird. U know I never looked back. Got a chance to drive a '92 GT recently, they have faults but damn I do miss those cars...had bet I had 15 of 'em Had to get rid of all 3 stangs to swing the bird in 93, looking back I kick myself for not keeping my 79 Capri that I miss more than all of them, from the 73 mach 1 to the 86GT. Take good care of that car...and boy if we had the stuff in the 80s that they make for these cars now

  5. #5
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynfox View Post
    I've owned her since '97 and she's gone from Mild to Wild but she's still a work in progress. I nicknamed her "10"; you can draw your own conclusions .
    Nice! Now i know why you user name is Flynfox

  6. #6
    Flynfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sunny SC
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by MVR 155 View Post
    Sweet car... like a very clean fox body stang (dont see too many nice ones anymore), sounds nice too. What kind of set up you got.... 347?... N/A, FI or nitrous?

    I had a 92 LX 5.0 hatch, just a few bolt ons (this was back in 95), it went 13.90'[email protected] on regular radials. Went to a 94 Cobra after that then I got hooked on Vettes.... 1992 Coupe, 1994 Coupe, 1996 Grand Sport Coupe (this car went 10.90's @127+ with heads/cam and a 150 shot on a drag radial), currently have a 2002 Z06 with a couple of bolt ons (headers, intake and tune) best ET is [email protected]
    Thanks for the compliment. It's a Keith Craft 347 SB Vortech S/C'ed.
    Last edited by Flynfox; 10-14-2007 at 10:57 PM.

  7. #7
    Flynfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sunny SC
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    Geezus man, 93....I feel like an old timer...these are the cars I grew up with and got most all of my skills with. Had a 79' capri rs 302 stick, was a 351w with "dooe" heads (70' 4v). Got a 9" rear and in 86 they come out w/ the 8.8 go figure. Anyway got a new 86 gt in august, by christmas I was working on cooling issues w/ my 460 bb and c-6 set-up (serpentine belt w/ a/c and all) I laugh because it snowed in new orleans that year and the car was hot All this was under the stock hood using a 83 stang scoop only. Parked at the lake w/ a cheater jetted for 175 u would never know what u were getting into, hell, the chevy guys NEVER EVEN knew what they were looking at. Anyway, it got so bad w/ people showing up w/ 79' stangs and stolen parts to make them look like 93s. I don't care but all the crap and trouble that follow some of those guys dictated and change for me. I went by "Prof5.0" and next thing u know I drive a 93 formula w/ lt1 and never looked back. Ist vette I ever owned was a 96 and right away I put my bird motor (402LT1) and got 6 9sec passes in a row on a motor that went a best of 10.29 in the bird. U know I never looked back. Got a chance to drive a '92 GT recently, they have faults but damn I do miss those cars...had bet I had 15 of 'em Had to get rid of all 3 stangs to swing the bird in 93, looking back I kick myself for not keeping my 79 Capri that I miss more than all of them, from the 73 mach 1 to the 86GT. Take good care of that car...and boy if we had the stuff in the 80s that they make for these cars now
    I actually chose this GT over a Z28; just didn't like the car. Really didn't care for any of the Stangs since until the latest. Quite a few running around with body kits and they are real head turners but they won't hold a candle to a modded Fox body. I was really never a ford man, grew up driving GM cars, but the Stang grabbed my attention as they were the cars to have during my time.

    I'm in love with the Z06 though and black is the only color for me so promise me if I ever make it to LA you'll let me drive her and you can come along too .
    Last edited by Flynfox; 10-14-2007 at 10:59 PM.

  8. #8
    Flynfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sunny SC
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Nice! Now i know why you user name is Flynfox
    Thanks man & Yep that's why I'm known as "Flynfox" (Fast Mustang) .

  9. #9
    I'm a huge fan of the foxbody's. I'm looking into a '88-91 ssp lx coupe. My dad had a '91 lx a couple years back and he regrets selling it.

  10. #10
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by alexp View Post
    I'm a huge fan of the foxbody's. I'm looking into a '88-91 ssp lx coupe. My dad had a '91 lx a couple years back and he regrets selling it.
    i'vr got a rolling 8.50 cert'd chassis coming up for sale soon if you are interested

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. my other toy
    By txgp1300r in forum Other Toys
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 05:18 PM
  2. Heres a Couple of my other TOYS.
    By Aquaholic6801 in forum Other Toys
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 07:58 PM
  3. my other toy
    By benny in forum Other Toys
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 08:57 PM
  4. Here are some of my other toys
    By Capt Walker in forum Other Toys
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-30-2006, 07:49 AM
  5. My other toy
    By carbuff91 in forum Other Toys
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 06:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •