Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1

Hey Skip, how do you deal with the cops down there when they act like this?

+1
    I don't know how the officer would have grounds for a law suit. In FL Workers Compensation covers all medical expenses and time lost from work, but prevents anyone from filing a lawsuit. When you accept WC benefits you give up your right to sue, period. I think her commanding officer should re-assign her to foot patrol, during the grave yard shift, along the banks of one of Floridas gator infested lakes during mating season. I bet she would never complain about a little water on a floor again !!

Richard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    I don't know how the officer would have grounds for a law suit. In FL Workers Compensation covers all medical expenses and time lost from work, but prevents anyone from filing a lawsuit. When you accept WC benefits you give up your right to sue, period. I think her commanding officer should re-assign her to foot patrol, during the grave yard shift, along the banks of one of Floridas gator infested lakes during mating season. I bet she would never complain about a little water on a floor again !!

Richard
    Most states' WC laws only prohibit lawsuits against the employer. The injured worker can sue a third-party who caused their injury, but the injured worker has to re-pay the worker's comp. carrier out of any jury verdict or settlement.

Having said that, this case is extremely ill conceived. The police officer will get nothing out of this - except a reputation as a heartless bitch.

In chicago.We beat the hell outa her kick her butt in the chicago river on st.pats day.And call it a day.

She got what she deserves. She is now working a desk job and was denied a promotion that was already in the works.

The family would have been able to counter sue the Police Department. They claimed that any one in the home other then the "rescue crew" was considered trespassers as they did not give anyone permission to enter the home. That cop showed up "late" after the rescue crew and "walked" in uninvited. The rescue crew was the only ones invited in. The cop was there to take a report not to yield medical attention and had no business in the room with the people providing medical attention. The cop was the only one who could not stand while walking as everyone else did just fine.

The cop was forced to drop the case as the counter lawsuit would have been huge against the Police Dept.

This cops greed and lack of compassion has tarnished the police dept. The Mayor had called on the Police Chief looking for the resignation of the officers field position and promotion to a high paying rank. Since a huge amount of complaints were made a formal complaint was filed in her record and will stay as long as she works for Maitland PD. All radio stations here covered it for days and several started a phone campaign to call into the Police station to file a complaints.

Sucks for the greedy..... The cop was looking to retrieve money from the Home Owners insurance. She thought it was going to be kept quiet. NOT!

Personally I never give permission to let cops into my home.

We all know now that if you leave your door open and a cop walks in uninvited then they are considered trespassing and you yield the right to file charges against them. This gives you the protection of being liable for damages if something happens. They say sue then you press charges and it becomes a criminal verses a civil issue.

Thread Information