Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

HSR Benelli Effect

I just checked out the new Hydrospace skis and WOW. But heres what I am wondering. Do you think this will effect the seadoo market in terms of aftermarket pricing. I got to think a whole bunch of Sea doo distributors are removing all of their brand new ads stating most HP in a stock ski (and probably not very happy about it).

So do you think the Seadoo will counter with aftermarket set ups? Obviously they don't have an 08 ski to match or even come remotely close. And the pricing PPG (only place I've seen it)advertises on their 315hp or 325 setups makes them a wee bit out of whack compared to what you can get a HSR for. (25 for the whole ski and alot more power and, guessing here, better hull or 25 for a turn key motor?)

I think worst case scenerio would be for SD to think its not in the same category and doo nothing. Anyone guess what the fallout will be?

+1
    I dont see this being an issue for any of the major OEM manf. The market for people willing to drop 25k on a ski is about as big as a snails pecker. Not to mention, I can't imagine this thing being at all reliable. 342 HP from a naturally aspirated (I assume) 2.2 liter motor is pretty serious. I would consider that a pretty high strung motor. Cool, but Seadoo will continue their dominace. Even with the SHO, I don't have much confidence in Yamaha. BRP has too much money and the bigger set of nuts.
    Last edited by MPower; 10-11-2007 at 11:35 AM.

I think this is more of a threat on the race circuit than in the consumer arena.
    It will be interesting to see what the other models cost.

FZS-T

My opinion!

In my opinion.. the market they are trying to target is not the average consumer..its more focus towards the race comunity!.....
    JUST MY OPINION...... i might be wrong!

+1
    with those SHARP FRONT ENDS i find it hard to believe anyone would wanna be on the coarse with that thing! imagine getting smoked by that front end if your in the water off your boat! looks KINDA SHARP/DANGEROUS TO ME FALLAS! just my opinion!

+1
    These new runabouts are going to be a "verbal" threat to all the other manufacturers. The reason they won't be an actual threat is because the production numbers will probably be very low and the potential market high, for the first year or two at least. Only a lucky few will be able to purchase one of the top 2 models. The HS runabouts now own Bragging Rights in every performance catagory. Every other 2008 performance ski just became a runner up.

Richard

+1
    maybe the other OEM's are RUNNER UP as far as ADVERTISED HORSEPOWER from the FACTORY but im NOT SURE about ALL AROUND PERFORMANCE??????????

+1
    I still think its going to have a trickle down effect...

Racers put alot into their ski's , some more than others, and those who want to win at all costs will spend what it takes. Imagines a rude on the racing ski? I've never ridden a ski over 215 hp never mind a stock 340, now add a charger, OMG.

And look at the hull weights, a sea doo is about 800lbs.... these things are almost half that... Hp- weight is going to make a big difference in performance... imo that 140hp is going to run like a sd 215... and if the cost is pretty close...it will come down to reliability... i know a lotta of ifs, but if your getting into the game, you gotta do it right.

With that type power the nose acts as a wing... and the rough seas are no longer a problem...

What Mods can we expect for these new machines. .I just had too guys sorry.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    maybe the other OEM's are RUNNER UP as far as ADVERTISED HORSEPOWER from the FACTORY but im NOT SURE about ALL AROUND PERFORMANCE??????????
    I said the HS now has bragging rights in every performance catagory.

highest HP (342 hp)
    largest displacement engine (2196 cc)
    least weight (723 lbs)
    largest fuel capacity (23 gallons)

I'd bet that the 0-50 ET, top speed, bouy course numbers etc will also top the field. Along with top fuel useage and highest MSRP !!

Richard

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information