Unhappy HELP '99XPL Water leak

My '99 XPL takes on water when moving any RPM above 3500. I have tied it to the dock and gone to 5000 RPM no water! I just replaced the shaft boot and cardon seal, no help. Running off a hose, not a drop. I sealed the hull and pressurized the ski with a vacuum cleaner blower side through one of the air intakes then went around with soapy water, a few small bubbles, nothing worth worring about. I filled the hull with about 10 gallons of water and pressurized again for 60 minutes, not a drop. Took it for a ride, in 15 minutes came back to 2 1/2 gals of water in hull. Next I'm going to start removing exhaust parts and pressure check them. All suggestions welcome. I'd like to find the problem before I winterize the ski. The engine is comming out anyway. Problem is in glass like calm water or waves.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetcar123 View Post
    My '99 XPL takes on water when moving any RPM above 3500. I have tied it to the dock and gone to 5000 RPM no water! I just replaced the shaft boot and cardon seal, no help. Running off a hose, not a drop. I sealed the hull and pressurized the ski with a vacuum cleaner blower side through one of the air intakes then went around with soapy water, a few small bubbles, nothing worth worring about. I filled the hull with about 10 gallons of water and pressurized again for 60 minutes, not a drop. Took it for a ride, in 15 minutes came back to 2 1/2 gals of water in hull. Next I'm going to start removing exhaust parts and pressure check them. All suggestions welcome. I'd like to find the problem before I winterize the ski. The engine is comming out anyway. Problem is in glass like calm water or waves.

check and make sure both siphon tubes are in the pump, a missing one can actually pump water into the ski. Also make sure the hoses going to these are tied up high in the hull.

Thread Information