Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    +1

What the best air intake system for an RXP as Spring 2006?

I remember late last year everyone was playing with different setups like:

Connecting 4 inch hose to the Riva intake and placing the K&N in glove box
    Running 4 inch all the way to the front
    Running rear air intakes with less 4 inch hose
    Saying go straight hose versus crinkled and lots of bends

Did anyone settle on the best way to get lots of air to the new setups?

Hopefully soon I am going to be running the RR SC impeller, reflashed RR ECU, 42lb injectors, etc. and want to optimize my air intake for this setup. What do y'all recommend? Thanks.

I like my intake I made....used the front vent put an outer wears on it...and then ran 4" tubing all the way back to the S/C with a 4"-3" reducing 90* elbow I picked up...I will have my results tommarow...and will post them up!

I say 4" rear intake but it takes more fabrication. Sounds like a turbine!!
    Other than that 4" to the seat intake with a outerwearsracing.com prefilter using smooth bore tubing. Just watch out on the spin outs when the water comes over the hood. Also you have just cut off the main ventilation to the hull.

Before I went to my rear intake I was working on putting the K&N filter back on the 4" tubing and leaving it in the front of the hull. Then made a bubble wrap wall that I put between the engine and front of the hull. This way it's main air source would be the seat vent and you didn't have to worry about water injestion. Also still allowed for air to circulate the hull.

that is true that it cuts off ventallation, but the engine is water cooled not air cooled! and if Seadoo thought ventiallation was of upmost importance they would have installed a bilge blower, or something other than 2 tubes that go to dead ends on the lowest part of the hull to help you keep your ski afloat when you tip it...

but its been discussed before and to each there own...

i am trying to figure this out as well and have been drawing up some plans while i sit in class figuring out what the best way would be. i think a lot depends on what type of riding condition your in becasue some are better for water ingestion problems. if some guys can post some different set ups and then let us know what the riding condtions are this might help some of us out who are still trying to get the best air intake. thanks

I run in buckeye lake, its probably the shalowest lake you will ever be in most of the time the depth is 6-7 feet, sometimes it gets down to 13 or 14 feet...but there are a lot of big 42 foot fountians out there and with that shallow water it kicks up some pretty damn good wakes ( I would calssify them as waves they are so damn big) so It gets pretty rough out there at times.... But I only go full speed when it is a little smoother...I dont do many tricks or shit like that..I am too big, and most of the time I have my G/F behind me bitching at me the whole way! I love her to death tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Totallyblown
    that is true that it cuts off ventallation, but the engine is water cooled not air cooled! and if Seadoo thought ventiallation was of upmost importance they would have installed a bilge blower, or something other than 2 tubes that go to dead ends on the lowest part of the hull to help you keep your ski afloat when you tip it...

there's a lot of stuff going on in that hull that needs ventilation, if you block the inlet you'll have some problems.

Quote Originally Posted by GTXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Totallyblown

there's a lot of stuff going on in that hull that needs ventilation, if you block the inlet you'll have some problems.
    I'm sure the rectifier has something to say about this

GTX SC Air Intake

Rude Performance GTX SC air intake, Nills is The Man !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_0244_843.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	441.1 KB 
ID:	3062  

that looks like somehting i have planned for my rxp. hows it work, prett well? any problems with water ingestion?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information