Thread: 2008 RXP

2008 RXP

Whats the difference between the 2008 and 2007 RXP. Does the 2008 model come with metal washers. The 2008 RXP is more expensive than the 2007 model so whats differnet about them.

+1
    The 2008 model comes with metal washers as well as increased oil coverage on the washers. The J-pipe is also gone, now just a straight shot from the exhaust manifold to the waterbox. I believe those are the main differences.

so will that make if faster or what. im a newbie

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gkya blazin View Post
    so will that make if faster or what. im a newbie

No, it won't be faster but it will be much more reliable with the new washer/oil setup. You will no longer have to worry about the washers exploding and getting into your motor. Even if the metal washers were to break the pieces will be big enough to be caught by the filter.

This should be the best RXP yet.

I assume you know about the "X" ski. It will have more HP than a standard RXP, for 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    No, it won't be faster but it will be much more reliable with the new washer/oil setup. You will no longer have to worry about the washers exploding and getting into your motor. Even if the metal washers were to break the pieces will be big enough to be caught by the filter.

This should be the best RXP yet.

I assume you know about the "X" ski. It will have more HP than a standard RXP, for 2008.
    yea i know about it. i was gonna get an RXP this summer but things came up and i was planning on buyinhg one in a coulple of weeks. but its now way to cold so i am probbaly gonna get one next spring

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gkya blazin View Post
    yea i know about it. i was gonna get an RXP this summer but things came up and i was planning on buyinhg one in a coulple of weeks. but its now way to cold so i am probbaly gonna get one next spring

Go to the boat show when it comes to Charlotte or Greensboro. You will find the best deals there. Probably could even pick up a good deal on a 07 leftover with low APR or extra warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Go to the boat show when it comes to Charlotte or Greensboro. You will find the best deals there. Probably could even pick up a good deal on a 07 leftover with low APR or extra warranty.
    how do i find information on the boatshow.

do you know when it comes?

Banned User

Smile

Hey I live in Hickory and there is one in Greensboro. It is February 22-24 and I was planning on going to that one until I heard about the one at the Hickory Convention Center sometime in February and thats like 15 min. from where I live so I can't wait.

- The RXP-X has the same top speed as the RXP's but the acceleration is tremendously better
    - It takes a lot less mods on the "X" skis to go faster than it would on a regular RXP or RXT.
    - You could probably get a leftover 2007 RXP for around $9,000...(maybe)
    - The RXP-X is $13,999 and if you want to reserve one you have to put down a $500 deposit which is non-refundable.

Whichever Seadoo you pick, you will be happy. A lot of people are looking at it like if you want to go 70-ish and want amazing acceleration without modding it then get the RXP-X. If you want to mod and go anywhere from 70-85 mph then get a RXP and mod it. Some people are getting in the 90's but I doubt you want to spend that much dough on mods.

* Think about as if you want to mod and you get an 07' RXP, you will have about $4,000 extra (from the price difference) to mod it.
    * If you get the RXP-X and don't mod, you will go about 68-70 mph and you would beat a Stage III RXP for a little bit and then the RXP would take off around (50-60 mph).

Hope all this helped. If not, then I should've been doing my homework. Hahaha....have fun whatever you do.

Thread Information