Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question about Groco Strainer install?

I am about to install my water strainer, thanks Jerry, and wanted to make sure I have my hoses correct...99% sure but want 100%!

Hose from pump area to front (located between two air/boost outlets) of X/S Intercooler is "in" correct...? My Groco should be placed in line there...right?

The hose going to back of X/S, in the way back corner of my ski...where OPAS once was,...is the outlet waterline, running to exhaust and it is to be left alone...correct?

Quote Originally Posted by ARNYGOLLOTT3 View Post
    I am about to install my water strainer, thanks Jerry, and wanted to make sure I have my hoses correct...99% sure but want 100%!

Hose from pump area to front (located between two air/boost outlets) of X/S Intercooler is "in" correct...? My Groco should be placed in line there...right?

The hose going to back of X/S, in the way back corner of my ski...where OPAS once was,...is the outlet waterline, running to exhaust and it is to be left alone...correct?
    It really dosen't matter cause the water just flows through the strainer and ic....
    I put mine on the this way. The hose with the red strip from the transom went into the strainer. The hose out of the strainer goes to the rear of the ic. The hose on the front of the ic goes to the exhaust manifold. This worked more easily for me.

I am confused if ''it really doesn't matter''...I thought the goal of the Groco was to strain the water after the pump but before the I/C....which is what I believe my first post would accomplish...

I have a line coming from the pump area (transom) to the front of my X/S, connecting between the two air (boost) connections... the goal of the Groco is to strain that waterline right...the pump to I/C line...?

What has me really confused is when I go to the X/S diagram on their web page it says the front water fitting is the "exit" and the rear is the "in"...does the design of the X/S make it not matter which direction the water flows....?

+1
    Arny i dont believe it does matter but this is it:

Red banded line from transom to groco

groco to back of cooler is prefered (then it IS STRAINED BEFORE COOLER)

from front of cooler to exhaust and u HAVE IT Bro!

+1
    Lafjax meant it doesnt matter which end u pump water into first is all he meant! he does want u to install GROCO BEFORE cooler inlet regardless of which end of the cooler U use for the INLET! get ur done!

Quote Originally Posted by ARNYGOLLOTT3 View Post
    I am confused if ''it really doesn't matter''...I thought the goal of the Groco was to strain the water after the pump but before the I/C....which is what I believe my first post would accomplish...

I have a line coming from the pump area (transom) to the front of my X/S, connecting between the two air (boost) connections... the goal of the Groco is to strain that waterline right...the pump to I/C line...?

What has me really confused is when I go to the X/S diagram on their web page it says the front water fitting is the "exit" and the rear is the "in"...does the design of the X/S make it not matter which direction the water flows....?
    Yes, I'm sorry...I didn't post very clearly. Yes, you want the strainer connected to the red strip hose first...then to the rear of the ic...then front of ic to the exhaust header. I was referring to it dosen't matter if you use the front or the back of the intercooler for in/out but most prefer using the rear for in water and the front for out water...just easier to set up. Filter always goes first, though...
    Sorry

The other trick that some use is to hook the strainer backwards...out is in, in is out...that way when it traps the crap you can see it on the outside of the screen instead of inside the screen. Makes it easier to see and keep clean.

Pump (transom) line to groco...groco to back of X/S....front of X/S to exhaust connection....

This is the preferred method that will strain the water before the intercooler correct?

+1
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!=d>

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!=d>
    YES!!

...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information