Heres the scoop....
Engine compartment took in water from someone pulling drain plug. Ski set for some time with water over the engine. Engine crank was siezed, so the engine was rebuilt. First four hours after getting it back together ski ran fine. It sat for two weeks before I was leaving on vacation and when I went to start it before leaving battery was dead. Replaced battery and it started right up. When I got to the lake it was ideling rough at about 1300rpm, 100 or so lower than what normal is...When trying to accelerate the motor would very slowly wind up to about 4500rpm and then fall off to 2000. The only thing I could do to avoid this was pull the dess key replug it start it and immediately stab the throttle and the ski would run up to full rpm for a while then fall off and sometime the ski would die and not want to start until I cranked for quite a while. This situation was repeated several times. Finally it started to run better, but stopped running and flashed the maintenance light. This happened twice. I took the ski back and charged the battery to make sure it was hot and retried. Same results although no maint. light. I then pulled the terminals off the mpem and noted the center plug had some corrosion, I sprayed all the mpem plug ins with contact cleaner. After drying out, I put her back in the water and she acted the same for the first 5 minutes and then seemed to run just fine for a couple hours. I brought the ski home, thinking it was fixed and after another two weeks of setting in the garage went to fire her and the battery was dead. (almost done) I charged the battery and tried to start it and couldn't get it to fire. Yes, engine cranked fine and you could hear the fuel injection working, no codes on the display. I then checked the battery negative post to negaitve leave for current draw with the pos connected with my fluke and noted about 5 amps draw with the dess key removed......Any thought on where to head?
Thanks