Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Groco strainers

+1

Groco strainers

Morning everyone, my girl and I are going to Key West next week and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to install strainers on both of my boats ( 2007 RXP and 2006 RXT ) to keep out debris and does anyone have the Groco part or model number and a how to link to install them.
    Thanks everyone !!

Quote Originally Posted by ERICG1 View Post
    Morning everyone, my girl and I are going to Key West next week and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to install strainers on both of my boats ( 2007 RXP and 2006 RXT ) to keep out debris and does anyone have the Groco part or model number and a how to link to install them.
    Thanks everyone !!
    IMO install the strainers...they are not as important if you are not running external intercoolers because the stock ic lets crap through pretty well but every little bit of caution helps. You can get them through Jerry's store. Install is easy, water from the pump goes in the strainer, water out of the strainer goes to the 'water in' on the intercooler. Use the stock hose and buy 3/4" heater hose from NAPA and 3/4" couplers to extend the hose. Mount them anywhere to be accessible to be able to see them and clean them. I just think it cheap insurance to filter crap from the ic's and eliminate any crap build up that some peeps here have had a problem with. There are several threads on the forum about mounting in different places. On my RXT I mounted mine using the bolts on rear seat holder through the hull.

+1

Groco strainers

Hey thanks for the info. Do you have any pictures of the strainers installed? Also will anyone be in the Keys for Fantasy Fest to hook up and ride with?

+1
    i put water strainers on ALL boats regardless of set up! just a very cheap safety measure if u ask me as i CANNOT SEE INSIDE MY MOTOR but i CAN see inside a GROCO! PERIOD!

Quote Originally Posted by ERICG1 View Post
    Hey thanks for the info. Do you have any pictures of the strainers installed? Also will anyone be in the Keys for Fantasy Fest to hook up and ride with?
    Here's mine on my RXT...there are several other places to mount it, I had it mounted up front on a block of wood epoxied to the hull just above the battery on my RXT before I installed the external ic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5497 (M).JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	41529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5499 (M).JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	41530  

+1
    Put the strainer on!!!!!!!! It is cheap insurance, you just never know what might happen oh and wait till you see all the crap that thing will catch You will wonder why they dont put them on from the factory

+1
    Put the strainer on!!!!!!!! It is cheap insurance, you just never know what might happen oh and wait till you see all the crap that thing will catch You will wonder why they dont put them on from the factory
    PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the picture as I too am about to try to install the filters on a new 07 RXT and RXP and I'm trying to figure out exactly the best way to do this. Is there a way to simply add it into the existing hose without having to buy additional hose? Any advise, pictures, instructions are greatly appreciated. I was told "it's easy, it goes on the hose with a green stripe on it between the pump and intercooler". Sounded easy however I'm still not too confident yet.

Sorry but I'm a newbie at this.

Scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by scottyj View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the picture as I too am about to try to install the filters on a new 07 RXT and RXP and I'm trying to figure out exactly the best way to do this. Is there a way to simply add it into the existing hose without having to buy additional hose? Any advise, pictures, instructions are greatly appreciated. I was told "it's easy, it goes on the hose with a green stripe on it between the pump and intercooler". Sounded easy however I'm still not too confident yet.

Sorry but I'm a newbie at this.

Scottyj
    Sure you can use the existing hose...and it dosen't have to be mounted to function. Just patch it in the red or green stripped hose and you've got it.

The strainer is a must !! These pics are only after a few hours of riding, And im really careful about starting the ski in less than 5 ft of water.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information