Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Groco strainers

  1. #1
    ERICG1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WATERWORLD
    Posts
    469
    +1
    1

    Groco strainers

    Morning everyone, my girl and I are going to Key West next week and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to install strainers on both of my boats ( 2007 RXP and 2006 RXT ) to keep out debris and does anyone have the Groco part or model number and a how to link to install them.
    Thanks everyone !!


  2. #2
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by ERICG1 View Post
    Morning everyone, my girl and I are going to Key West next week and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to install strainers on both of my boats ( 2007 RXP and 2006 RXT ) to keep out debris and does anyone have the Groco part or model number and a how to link to install them.
    Thanks everyone !!
    IMO install the strainers...they are not as important if you are not running external intercoolers because the stock ic lets crap through pretty well but every little bit of caution helps. You can get them through Jerry's store. Install is easy, water from the pump goes in the strainer, water out of the strainer goes to the 'water in' on the intercooler. Use the stock hose and buy 3/4" heater hose from NAPA and 3/4" couplers to extend the hose. Mount them anywhere to be accessible to be able to see them and clean them. I just think it cheap insurance to filter crap from the ic's and eliminate any crap build up that some peeps here have had a problem with. There are several threads on the forum about mounting in different places. On my RXT I mounted mine using the bolts on rear seat holder through the hull.

  3. #3
    ERICG1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WATERWORLD
    Posts
    469
    +1
    1

    Groco strainers

    Hey thanks for the info. Do you have any pictures of the strainers installed? Also will anyone be in the Keys for Fantasy Fest to hook up and ride with?

  4. #4
    REID2168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    8,156
    +1
    241
    i put water strainers on ALL boats regardless of set up! just a very cheap safety measure if u ask me as i CANNOT SEE INSIDE MY MOTOR but i CAN see inside a GROCO! PERIOD!

  5. #5
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by ERICG1 View Post
    Hey thanks for the info. Do you have any pictures of the strainers installed? Also will anyone be in the Keys for Fantasy Fest to hook up and ride with?
    Here's mine on my RXT...there are several other places to mount it, I had it mounted up front on a block of wood epoxied to the hull just above the battery on my RXT before I installed the external ic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5497 (M).JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	41529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5499 (M).JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	41530  

  6. #6
    suck my wake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sugar Grove IL
    Posts
    2,872
    +1
    12
    Put the strainer on!!!!!!!! It is cheap insurance, you just never know what might happen oh and wait till you see all the crap that thing will catch You will wonder why they dont put them on from the factory

  7. #7
    REID2168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    8,156
    +1
    241
    Put the strainer on!!!!!!!! It is cheap insurance, you just never know what might happen oh and wait till you see all the crap that thing will catch You will wonder why they dont put them on from the factory
    PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Hi Guys,

    Thanks for the picture as I too am about to try to install the filters on a new 07 RXT and RXP and I'm trying to figure out exactly the best way to do this. Is there a way to simply add it into the existing hose without having to buy additional hose? Any advise, pictures, instructions are greatly appreciated. I was told "it's easy, it goes on the hose with a green stripe on it between the pump and intercooler". Sounded easy however I'm still not too confident yet.

    Sorry but I'm a newbie at this.

    Scottyj

  9. #9
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyj View Post
    Hi Guys,

    Thanks for the picture as I too am about to try to install the filters on a new 07 RXT and RXP and I'm trying to figure out exactly the best way to do this. Is there a way to simply add it into the existing hose without having to buy additional hose? Any advise, pictures, instructions are greatly appreciated. I was told "it's easy, it goes on the hose with a green stripe on it between the pump and intercooler". Sounded easy however I'm still not too confident yet.

    Sorry but I'm a newbie at this.

    Scottyj
    Sure you can use the existing hose...and it dosen't have to be mounted to function. Just patch it in the red or green stripped hose and you've got it.

  10. #10
    MIARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S. Florida
    Posts
    1,430
    The strainer is a must !! These pics are only after a few hours of riding, And im really careful about starting the ski in less than 5 ft of water.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Groco strainer seal/gasket
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 10:29 PM
  2. Groco Strainer
    By Antiguan FZR in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 02:47 PM
  3. Groco Strainer
    By Flynfox in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 12:19 PM
  4. groco strainer install ???
    By RXPNJ in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 07:49 PM
  5. groco strainer install
    By XRIDER in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 07:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •