Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Important Questions

Hello,
    I am thinking of buying an 04 RXP w/ 76 hours on it. My biggest concern is if this a lot of hours on the machine. It comes with a double trailer (he said was $1500) and he said it is in good condition with a scratch on the bottom of the ski and maybe a couple of scuffs on the bumper rail. He said it looks brand new though. I am willing to give him $6000. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF A DEAL THIS IS ASAP. I have seen skis with less hours and that is my biggest concern right now. He changes the oil himself with the suggested manufactures oil. I read all the s/c rebuild stuff and have called several service departments and they say they are reliable. HOW MANY HOURS CAN EXPECT OUT OF THIS MACHINE STOCK? I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE THIS IS NOT A LOT OF HOURS.

Thanks,
    Andrew

i dont know if theres really a max number of hours on any ski. its just like anything else, if he took proper care of it and you take proper care of it then it will last a long time. Theres always bound to be some problem but if the ski has been winterized, depending on where it is, and had its oil changed frequently then it will be minor problems that will be easier to fix. Do you know whether he has had the stock SC washers in for the whole time? That would be my main concern. Have someone check the ski first if he lets you.

Washers are stock. Are 04's the only ones with ceramic washers? I talked to the service manageer and he said to bring it in if it is slipping and i will need a rebuild-no big deal. THIS GUY TAKES GOOD CARE OF HIS STUFF. IS 6K good?

HE WANTS ME TO DRIVE IT.

I dont plan on modding.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS A GREAT PRICE?
    Last edited by qokuh; 10-12-2007 at 10:34 AM.

a 04rxp is in kbb for retail is 7100 with trailer trade in is 4995 with trailer
    the trailer should not make or break the deal but the price should be in the 5000 to 6000 range. But i would say that you need to work into the deal getting the washers changed in the deal to protect your purchase.
    also you need to check the impeller and wearing before you buy to make sure nothing has been sucked into the pump and damged any thing that would hurt your performance and cause you to spend money soon after you buy it to get it right.

+1
    looks to me like trailer 1000 04 ski 5000! u are gonna have to call it as its your $$$$$$$$$$$$! depends on shape of the boat, trailer is a trailer within reason tires bearings etc, but that may be RETAIL on the boat! im just guestimating! good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    looks to me like trailer 1000 04 ski 5000! u are gonna have to call it as its your $$$$$$$$$$$$! depends on shape of the boat, trailer is a trailer within reason tires bearings etc, but that may be RETAIL on the boat! im just guestimating! good luck!

trailer is fine with lighting all over the place. ITs a Shore lander. SO THAT IS GOOD IF THE SKI IS OK?

+1
    if the prop is good the ski doesnt look BEAT and it either HAS or u r GONNA put in Metal washers u should be fine really! if you could get VIN u may have a stealership run it to see if its had a washer failure! u can take off hose from supercahrger to intake to see if they is GREY residue in it IF SO its had a superchager WHEEL TOUCHDOWN! thats if Sea Doo warranty system works like a car & truck stealership does then they can tell u reapirs made UNDER WARRANTY anyway! good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by wildman1998 View Post
    a 04rxp is in kbb for retail is 7100 with trailer trade in is 4995 with trailer
    the trailer should not make or break the deal but the price should be in the 5000 to 6000 range. But i would say that you need to work into the deal getting the washers changed in the deal to protect your purchase.
    also you need to check the impeller and wearing before you buy to make sure nothing has been sucked into the pump and damged any thing that would hurt your performance and cause you to spend money soon after you buy it to get it right.
    WHAT IF I RIDE IT AND EVERYTHING CHECKS OUT?

+1
    Sounds like a pretty decent deal to me:

Put the ski in the water and test ride it. Run the ski @ Wide Open Throttle in some smooth water and your RPM's should show around 8000. 7900 - 8100 is good. If the RPM's are in the low 7000's or in the 6000's, don't buy it.

If you are at a stop and go wide open throttle, the ski should promptly accelerate without much of a "slip" feeling. If it feels like it's slipping or spinning tires, then you'll probably need a new wear ring and possibly an impeller soon. (not crazy expensive)

After riding and out of the water:

Take the seat off, there should be little to no water in the bottom.

Test the trim and make sure the nozzle moves up and down with the indicator.

Look at the oil, is it clean and in overall good condition?

Assuming everything checks out, just plan on pulling the supercharger out and sending it Jerry (owner of this site) to have the supercharger clutch washers replaced with metal, and possibly new bearings.

These skis when treated properly will last a long time, mine has 113 hours on it and the engine still runs like new. I know plenty of people with WAY more hours than that and they aren't having major issues either.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information