Vacuume Line install for blowoff valve

I have the suppled drill bit......the question is how in the world am I supposed to fit a drill between the hull and the small boss that's sticking out from the intake?

I am thinking that you would not want to drill with the intake still on...shavings in the intake would be BAD...

Don't wory plastic shavings will not harm your engine. A 90 drill head helps in drilling that nipple.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARNYGOLLOTT3 View Post
    I am thinking that you would not want to drill with the intake still on...shavings in the intake would be BAD...

THEE 6'5" 235pd rough rider doc212121's Avatar
    I had no problems with a 19 volt craftsman, I have a 90 degree as well but I used the standard drill. Follow the instructions, you need to remove the full pcm cover, and mounting bracket, you should be able to fit it in wthout a problem. And the shavings are minimal and most come out with the drill bit, no worries on the plastic. Good luck
    Andy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    I have the suppled drill bit......the question is how in the world am I supposed to fit a drill between the hull and the small boss that's sticking out from the intake?
    i took the chuck out of an old cordless, and did it by hand, hope that helps

+1
    You can use a bit and do it by hand or get a bit that is long like 12", that is what I used and had no problems. Dont worry about any plastic shavings getting into the motor, they probably wont and if they do they will just get burned up

Quote Originally Posted by doc212121 View Post
    I had no problems with a 19 volt craftsman, I have a 90 degree as well but I used the standard drill. Follow the instructions, you need to remove the full pcm cover, and mounting bracket, you should be able to fit it in wthout a problem. And the shavings are minimal and most come out with the drill bit, no worries on the plastic. Good luck
    Andy
    The instructions call for you to drill the boss at the first runner from the rear (that's under the PCM/braket). However, I was looking at it and it seems that the last runner that has the boss exposed would be a better place, both from installation standpoint and from the routing of the hose (how do you put the bracket back on over the hose?)

THEE 6'5" 235pd rough rider doc212121's Avatar
    The hose actually has alot of room under the bracket, it comes out under it towards the hull and routes following the throttle cable. The last one is too long of a stretch for the stock line they give you, and really dont think its necessary, not sure it makes a difference.
    Andy

It makes no difference if you drill the first or last boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    The instructions call for you to drill the boss at the first runner from the rear (that's under the PCM/braket). However, I was looking at it and it seems that the last runner that has the boss exposed would be a better place, both from installation standpoint and from the routing of the hose (how do you put the bracket back on over the hose?)
    Last edited by RXP6; 10-12-2007 at 09:13 PM.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    drill and tap you stock intercooler block off you can do it on the bench ...jetty's comes tapped w a plug worked slick

Thread Information