installing a new impeller

I was wondering about installing a new impeller on my rxp. I am wondering what I need to do this.. its a solas 14/19 with a stock one still on it. any tips to make this a little easier.... anyone near huntionton wv?

Quote Originally Posted by OHIOJOE View Post
    I was wondering about installing a new impeller on my rxp. I am wondering what I need to do this.. its a solas 14/19 with a stock one still on it. any tips to make this a little easier.... anyone near huntionton wv?
    Disconnect the rev bucket, VTS and steering with 10mm wrenches. Unbolt the nozzle 13mm socket, unbolt the pump (17mm scoket, pull the pump out. Look out for the colored flow reduction washer on the top left of the pump housing, don't loose it or deform it. Place the prop removal tool (Jerry's store, get the long one) in your vice, unscrew the hex bolts with 5mm hex wrench, carefully use a screw driver and pull the cone off. Get a 12mm hex wrench from Sears, put it into the prop bolt, get a 36" of 1 1/2" black pipe and unbolt the prop bolt. Lift pump, prop should carefully slide out. Don't drop it. Use WD40 or seadoo bomb around the wear ring to reduce friction. Place the new prop on the tool in the vice, use bomb on wear ring and carefully slide the pump back on. Put nose cone on using blue loctite on the threads of the hex bolts and do not overtighten. To install the pump back on the ski, be sure the colored washer is in place, put some antiseize lub in the prop splines, put the pump in the tunnel ready to push on the drive shaft. Crawl under the ski and push up on the drive shaft with the handle of a socket wrench or something, about 1". Push the pump on the drive shaft. Hold it there and get the first bolt on, then the other 3 bolts. Make sure the pump is centered and the rubber pump seal is not deformed. Tighten the bolts upper right, bottom left, bottom right, top left. Put some blue loctite on the nozzle bolts and install in same order as the pump. Hook up the steering, VTS, and reverse and your are done....
    Whew, I've never written this out before... If you have the tools the hardest part is putting the pump back in the ski. Always helps to have a helper to do that, the rest is straight forward. Good Luck!!

Thread Information