Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prestone Silicone Spray?

Can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. Used to get at wal-mart. Anything out there that works better?

+1
    What do you need silicone spray for? If you're hosing down the engine with it after you ride, my 2 cents is that it's not worth it. Hose the engine down with water and drain the hull. That's all you need.

Besides, just wait 'till you need to work on your engine after you've siliconed it. It's like handling a greased pig!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    What do you need silicone spray for? If you're hosing down the engine with it after you ride, my 2 cents is that it's not worth it. Hose the engine down with water and drain the hull. That's all you need.

Besides, just wait 'till you need to work on your engine after you've siliconed it. It's like handling a greased pig!
    I love to spray the bunks. Especially if you have a 3 seater you need to pull off and put on a stand. It makes it way easier.

Well I've been using it since 2003. Fernando told me to use it and I have been ever since. (No greased pig) because after it is applied it leaves a grease free coating but sure works good because my GPR is an '03 and the entire engine compartment looks like it did when the ski came out of the shipping crate at RIVA.

+1
    I spray silicone to help disperse the water everytime after I flucha dn rinse down the motor. I've been buying silicone spray from either Lowe's, or home depot. Autozone also carries a good silicone spray too.

STP and Gunk make a good spray

Its good to keep silicone spray on everything. I've been using silicone spray for over 10 years.....good schtuff

check this thread out

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...one+lubricants

Talking

Most of us use some type of silicone spray to keep the rust down after washing.

But if you move away from salt water it's a non-issue!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Most of us use some type of silicone spray to keep the rust down after washing.

But if you move away from salt water it's a non-issue!!!
    Not nessesarily, my GPR has never been near salt, and all the chrome/plated bolts are real rusty. Can't figure it out, none of the other boats I have did this, I've had mine since new, just as all the others, treated it the same way. Anybody else seen this? Started the secoind year I had it. Never any water in the hull either. My XLT doesn't do it.

I just use the yamaha stuff - its great. Once during the season and then a ton for winterization.

Pretty sure watercraft falls in the "Marine" catagory. Why not use a Marine product?

http://islandracing.net/crc.html

Personally like to use the CRC 6-56 in the 1 gallon. use a spray bottle and literally "wash" the engine down with it. pump area too.

+1
    I ride in the salt all the time and use liquid wrench silicone, i spray mist with hose , shop vac water and spray the silicone my hull is a little dirty/oily but, i like my stuff lubbed up

http://gunk.com/prod_photo.asp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information