Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Pirannah Eng mount install

I was going to throw this in today until I started looking at the older posts.

Since any instructions on the install are not available is there any post instal checks needed? In one of the posts it mention engine realignment?

Is that needed? What would happen if that wasn't done?

thanks
    Scott

+1
    Scott, I simply un-did the 3 bolts, had someone pull up on the one side of the engine while I got the stock mount out and swapped the new one in. Then you give the person a minute break. After that you tell them to lift it again and then you align the bolt holes. I didn't take any measurements before or after, so sorry, can't help you there..My ski is still in 1 piece though for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Scott, I simply un-did the 3 bolts, had someone pull up on the one side of the engine while I got the stock mount out and swapped the new one in. Then you give the person a minute break. After that you tell them to lift it again and then you align the bolt holes. I didn't take any measurements before or after, so sorry, can't help you there..My ski is still in 1 piece though for what it's worth.
    That is pretty funny.

Unfortuanately this is a look at the leafs weekend or rake the leaves weekend. My wife is down the cape with her friends.
    I dont have a friend to victimize until next weekend.

What I planon doing in is building a couple of 2x4 wedges,tap them in, loosen the mount tap them in some more, remove, install, use another 2x4 as a pry and remove the wedges, slowly lower and tighten.

When that doesn't work wait until my friend can get here.

Thanks
    Scott
    Last edited by bruinsrme; 10-13-2007 at 01:49 PM.

+1
    your making a MISTAKE NOT MEASURING that mount compared to your STOCK MOUNT! drive line alignment is CRUTIAL! u need shims to put back what u took OUT! TRUST ME ON THIS! tSTOCK vs Pirahna are NOT the same HEIGHT i promise!!! close but NOT the same! TRUST ME ON THIS! PERIOD!

It is a good idea to check the height of the AM front motor mount to the height of the OEM front motor mount. Shims may need to be added or removed to ensure the same height is obtained.
    I used a Rotax Racing front motor mount and did not have to add or remove any shims ... used shim stack as was. I did this mod myself by removing the front motor mount bolts, then hooking a tie down strap to the front motor hook/ring and looped the tie down over a garage truss. Put slight tension on the tie down to lift the front of the motor so the OEM mount can be slide out and AM mount slide in.

+1
    dont get me wrong u might be making the ALIGNMENT better but u DONT know unless u have the ENGIEN ALIGNMENT tools and im NOT sure u do so at least put back what u had i guess is ALL im saying! GOOD LUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    your making a MISTAKE NOT MEASURING that mount compared to your STOCK MOUNT! drive line alignment is CRUTIAL! u need shims to put back what u took OUT! TRUST ME ON THIS! tSTOCK vs Pirahna are NOT the same HEIGHT i promise!!! close but NOT the same! TRUST ME ON THIS! PERIOD!
    I'm no engine expert, but I would have to agree. With an engine spinning the driveshaft over 8000 RPM, I would think that proper engine alignment would be very important. I can't imagine a wobble would be very good.

EDIT: Can't you lose speed and acceleration by not having your engine properly aligned? I thought Jerry mentioned this a long time ago? Or maybe that was the pump shoe?

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    I'm no engine expert, but I would have to agree. With an engine spinning the driveshaft over 8000 RPM, I would think that proper engine alignment would be very important. I can't imagine a wobble would be very good.

EDIT: Can't you lose speed and acceleration by not having your engine properly aligned? I thought Jerry mentioned this a long time ago? Or maybe that was the pump shoe?

YES! I read up on engine alignment when Jerry posted a sticky about it a couple of years ago! Bought the SBT alignment tool and suckmywake altered it to be used for the 4-tecs.

+1
    to have the BEST performance YES u need the ALIGNMENT TOOLS but to keep what u already have u AT LEAST need to put back what u currently have with some shims and measuring! whether its right or wrong is another story but without the tools u DONT know but u r at least where u were before!

Take the old one out, put the new one in.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information