Mystery Hi Temp/ Loss of Power...Help!

I installed Groco Strainer and Greenhulk Shorty Box (awesome) on Thurs/Fri of this week...only issue was I temporarliy ran the 3/8 pisser line that mounted near the exit of the Riva exhaust out of my rear Flo Rite hole and loosely clamped it to the tow hook...ugly but it functioned fine, my pisser through hull fitting will be in this week...

Ran ski on hose several times to check for leaks or possible problems...nothing, everything seemed fine, time for a ride!

Rode Saturday...burned more than half a tank...did several speed runs...did lots of 'cruising' and did some on/off throttle river bend runs...no problems on Saturday, installation success!

Cleaned Groco strainer...put it back on empty...didn't think this was an issue, still don't but I am giving you all every detail possible...!

Today I put the ski in the water and within 100 yds and 10 secs of running I had a 'loss of power' not complete loss but very noticable...went to nearby beach...hull was bone dry and no sign of lose hose or kinked hose or anything else...? Cranked her up again...fine for a short time, 10-15 secs, then she did a repeat! Cranked her a third time...got a little longer out of her but she repeated. I did run her up to 8100 and saw 10+ on the boost gauge and held it for a short time....I eased off and started to cruise and a short time later...loss of power again...this time accompanied by a high temp alert...? Pulled over to beach let her cool off, drank a few and 2 hours later it is time for the short ride home. Made a speed run...ran fine...10 minute ride...I am puzzled! Stopped at one more beach for a short time...time to go to the ramp...repeat conditions...loss of power around 4500 to 5500 rpms it seems...high temp alerts...could turn boat off for a minute...it seemed it would only do it when the engine warmed up...and then only at 5000 rpms or so...and still then only randomly....?

If it weren't for the long and at times hard run on Saturday I would be looking for an installation error...definitely not ruling it out...HELP

+1
    uhh ohh.....pm sent....did u block the 3 pissers into the waterbox by mistake positioning the clamp?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    uhh ohh.....pm sent....did u block the 3 pissers into the waterbox by mistake positioning the clamp?
    My thoughts exactly. Arny, if you put the clamp too low where the J pipe goes into the water box you could easily pinch off water flow into the water box. I'm almost certain this is whats happening.

coupler

check to make sure the coupler has not melted around the pisser holes too..........

i had a coupler melt and would cause a high temp alarm when wot.

i would drill the pisser holes out one size while i was there as well.

I will investigate tomorrow...I am going to take it out...I need to see and find the pissers on the J Pipe so I know where they are...and we will go from there...thanks for the responses...love the box...LOVE IT!

I knew I could screw up this install somehow...!

Quote Originally Posted by ARNYGOLLOTT3 View Post
    I will investigate tomorrow...I am going to take it out...I need to see and find the pissers on the J Pipe so I know where they are...and we will go from there...thanks for the responses...love the box...LOVE IT!

I knew I could screw up this install somehow...!

Pic? Here you go....

http://greenhulk.net/forums/attachme...1&d=1183861392

Brendan

Thread Information