Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2006 Speedster Supercharger

I lost a supercharger on my Speedster. I removed it and one washer was completely gone. The dealer says to just change the oil and install the latest rebuild kit from Sea Doo. They claim that they have done this on all of the boats with missing washers and never had one come back. I just can't help but wonder what happened to the washer!! It's in there somewhere. Any advice would be appreciated. There is not a competent dealer in my area, that is why I had to pull it myself. The boat has just under 24 hours on it. You just don't get much for $30,000!!!!!

+1
    Chances are your oil screens have most of the ceramic in them. Hopefully you haven't ridden very long after the s/c blew. Your oil pumps will be shot if the ceramics stay in there. And that's just the beginning. After that the whole engine will go BOOM. Good luck on finding a better dealer who actually knows what they're talking about

If shes got boobs or a throttle, I'm on it! badvinny's Avatar
    So they have never had one come back? I probably wouldn't go back there either!

Most of the dealers will do so....only replace the missing ceramic and change the oil...nothing more...remember that the ceramics are fragile, so most probably it will get eaten and grinded of to a fine black dust....IF NOT...it can clog some lubrication passage ways and for sure without proper lubrication an engine won't like that...!!!

YOu should have know my friend....it's written everywhere on the net...CHANGE those freakin' ceramic washers for metal ones from Riva...you won't even have to wonder about after that....if you don't do it...you'll learn it the hard way...!!!

Time Bomb It been talked about on this board. The only person to blame is yourself. Ive seen the distruction it does. Ask anyone who this has happened to and they will tell you to pull the motor.You dealer does not know what he is talking about.Looks like hes only there for the sale.
    Look at these posts

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40298

Blame

Telling me to blame myself is not right! I am not the engineer. This happened at 24 hours. The first service on the supercharger isn't until a 100 hours. I planned on doing the mod this winter. This is probably about to turn into another class action lawsuit like the exhaust gasket problem that Sea Doo ignored for years. Sea Doo WILL take responsibility for this one way or another. Too many people are having failures for it to disappear.

Ben

Your right Sea Doo will cover it. But do you trust the person doing the repair right. When Jerry bought a new RXP this year he told the dealer not to even start it. He took it home and changed the washers that day.Now if it was summer your boat would be down for at least 4 weeks.Now from what your dealer said. He knows shit. He'll fix the clutch kit. Change the oil. And in a couple of months BOOM. You knew about the washer problem
    And ran the boat anyway. So who's to blame.
    Last edited by Dr Len; 10-18-2007 at 07:36 PM.

washers

Sea Doo is to blame!!!!
    I didn't know this could happen so quick. Its a 20' boat. Its not like it comes unhooked.Blaming the owner is ridiculous!!!!

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by chariotracer View Post
    Sea Doo is to blame!!!!
    I didn't know this could happen so quick. Its a 20' boat. Its not like it comes unhooked.Blaming the owner is ridiculous!!!!

Ben
    The problem comes from the design for sure it's weak...but it is not BRP that had to read the threads here and to act...you did it...that'S what he meant...using it like that is your to blame...but some people think that the ceramic will last at least 100 hours prior to blow...no the problem with the ceramic is they can last 100 hours or even blow in the first few hours...now forget about the warranty to fix that....if i were you i'd have the engine pulled out, oil pump changed, all that under warranty...and then....DON'T USE THE BOAT AFTER....change immediately to metal washers....RIGHT AFTER THE REPAIRS....then only you'll be safe...and don't even tell that to the dealer...they won't know, and your warranty will still be ok...!

See....u got to be smarter than they are...!!! That'S what he meant.
    Forget about a lawsuit...you'll loose time and money...it only cost you the washer to have peace of mind...

Quote Originally Posted by chariotracer View Post
    Sea Doo is to blame!!!!
    Ben
    Ben, sorry for your problem and no offense but you've been on this board since May 2007 and one of the primary thing discussed here is to get rid of the ceramic washers...ASAP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information