Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ( Had to go RXT.....Baby) Ultra Junkie's Avatar

Talking My 250X actually ran 87 yesterday......

That's right - it was on the trailer, behind the H2, in route to be dropped of to pick up my new 2007 RXT Stg. II+.

Had to do it.... The realiability flat out sucked - However saddled next to my RXT is my Old Faithful Ultra 150 Stg. II....

Yeah, I know - but I already installed the Ceramic Bearings, Riva Metal Washers and low and behold my buddy owns a fiberglass shop so the potential hull delam issue is covered as well...

Have to give the Doo a shot because I just finished getting my shot from being burned by my 250X at least I can say it didn't cost me but $26 to get out of my 2007 250X and into my 2007 RXT will all the mods....

I feel your pain man, had nothing with problems out of mine too. Although I'm thinkin new yami....

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mooneyb91084 View Post
    I feel your pain man, had nothing with problems out of mine too. Although I'm thinkin new yami....
    the grass is not always greener on the dark side.

Just sold 07 RXP 215hp ( 24hrs)

carbon pump seal leaking 4 hrs
    tappet cover leaking oil 8 hrs
    speedo/hr meter keep dropping out since 0 hrs
    worst ski ever owned on gas 55ltrs fuel every 2.0hrs
    # 2 spark plug lead failed 3 hrs

gets beaten buy a FX160 in choppy water ( even bath tubes go fast on flat water)
    but atleast there ceramic bits dont break
    before I sold it at 24hrs I was just waiting for the S/C to fail and the rest is just repeating old posts.

So from someone who is now waiting for new ski ( 250x)

who gives a sh.t if it needs a breather mod to the fix oil drama.

atleast can go fast in rough water.
    and all the other small dramas are easy to fix IF they happen
    not like S/C washer that WILL fail.

just my .02cents

loved the power ( when it was flat) but wasn't worth the dramas to follow
    So if your happy with your choice , enjoy and ride it till it breaks.
    cause they all break some time.

May not be greener but at least there is grass there....

We have the same issues just different skis - yours SeaDoo - mine 250X - Me and the tech at the dealer that was servicing my 250X added up the repair bills that Kawi paid on my 250X - after 78 hours in the shop there were over $10K in repairs - the list included a completely new motor for one of the trips to the shop.

Had to try something new just as you are planning to do - But as of yesterday I have already spanked the 3 - 250X's that ride on my local lake - so to say the least - I am very happy so far.

Good Luck with your future 250X - I hope you don't have any problems - I can say the 250X is a kick ass looking ski - specially if you go red.

Good Luck and Thanks for the input...

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    the grass is not always greener on the dark side.

Just sold 07 RXP 215hp ( 24hrs)

carbon pump seal leaking 4 hrs
    tappet cover leaking oil 8 hrs
    speedo/hr meter keep dropping out since 0 hrs
    worst ski ever owned on gas 55ltrs fuel every 2.0hrs
    # 2 spark plug lead failed 3 hrs

gets beaten buy a FX160 in choppy water ( even bath tubes go fast on flat water)
    but atleast there ceramic bits dont break
    before I sold it at 24hrs I was just waiting for the S/C to fail and the rest is just repeating old posts.

So from someone who is now waiting for new ski ( 250x)

who gives a sh.t if it needs a breather mod to the fix oil drama.

atleast can go fast in rough water.
    and all the other small dramas are easy to fix IF they happen
    not like S/C washer that WILL fail.

just my .02cents

loved the power ( when it was flat) but wasn't worth the dramas to follow
    So if your happy with your choice , enjoy and ride it till it breaks.
    cause they all break some time.

UltraJunkie, before you pack up your tent and leave us roasting smores around the campfire, can you give us anymore information on why the engine was replaced, what other repairs added up to the $10,000 and how easy or hard it was to get everything paid under warranty? I'm trying to figure out how the warranty is interpreted and enforced by Kawi and you obviously had a lot of experience.

Hey Blue....Here's a few....

Well Oil Issues at first, Then followed by cracked manifold (dealer said Kawi defect) then fould plugs (2 sets) then impeller came loose (dealer said never tightened properly at factory and no loc tight) which took out the impeller, pump housing, pump bearings - got that fixed and mysteriously started getting oil overheat warning - dealer found oring blocking the inlet on the pump - back to the water problem still there, oh fouled plugs again - then while the dealer was test riding it - the motor siezed.... the dealer then pulled the motor - found metal shavings as he tore it down then found a broke crank shaft all the cam shaft bearings were grinded down to nothing which blocked all the oil ports which caused the oil overheat issue - believe it or not the ski ran about an hour and a half with the broke crank shaft which is what caused all the other internal engine damage from the shavings etc... The dealer thinks the crank shaft broke when the impeller came loose - since the motor did come to a complete stop... Then came the complete new motor and more than my fair share of bitching at Kawi on the phone...

To say the least I really feel I just got a lemon - I think it is an awesome ski but my faith was gone and I had no confidence in the ski after all the repairs so I had to get rid of it.

What did I get for all my trouble? Kawi offered me a free 4 year extended warranty - I told them the ski is already sold - so my dealer is putting the credit for the 4 year warranty towards the purchase of my daughters christmas gift - her own 4 wheeler...

Thats the most of it - So I am not bashing all 250X's just the one I had because it was a POS - I still think it is a kick ass looking ski...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    UltraJunkie, before you pack up your tent and leave us roasting smores around the campfire, can you give us anymore information on why the engine was replaced, what other repairs added up to the $10,000 and how easy or hard it was to get everything paid under warranty? I'm trying to figure out how the warranty is interpreted and enforced by Kawi and you obviously had a lot of experience.

Thanks UltraJunkie, thats informative. Good luck with your new ski, I hope you have smoother sailing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    UltraJunkie, before you pack up your tent and leave us roasting smores around the campfire...
    LMAO...

250x trade in

im also trading mine in for the new RxT x model. with little mods this will ski will be in the 80s easy. the kawi just has too many problems and with more boost i think it will blow. i have already replaced 3 of my seals, head gasket, oil pan, and front seal. in the chop its the best ever, i used to own a rxp with a stage 3 kit, now the new rxp x model comes with that stock! an unbeatable platform to start out with and reach those 80s with some little mods!

Hey Joe, we have not heard from you in a long time. Sorry to hear about your string of problems. I seem to recall seeing that one photo of your engine on a sling in the midst of it. Ive been curious whether you ever came up with an air intake system that was reasonably waterproof. It would be great to hear sometime about your experiences riding off the BC coast. I want to go around Vancouver Island one of these years. I am still real disappointed that San Juan county banned all PWCs in all island waters. Beautiful scenery up there. Best of luck with new ski.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information