Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Depth finder reports depth --

I just had my dealer install the brp depth finder on my 2007 speedster 150 and when I tried it out on the water today the depth report --

Anyone know what could cause this?

2007 speedster OEM Depth finder

The factory depth finder is over priced $425.00 and don't work (depth reads incorrect and over 20mph reads ( -- ) on the display. Get a refund !!
    I have one installed and still awaiting for a factory software fix since May !

2007 speedster SCIC 215

These boats have many,many problems !
    The dealer and BRP are no help at all !!

Sell it as soon as possible !!

THEBOATNICS, it sounds like you have a few minor problems with your boat. It's hard to find a good SeaDoo dealer. If you find one they're worth there weight in gold. I have a 06' Utopia SE with the same depth sounder problem. I'm going to switch mine out this next spring when I upgrade the stereo. Otherwise, these boats are great. What other brand of boat can weigh 3000 lbs and you can make it dance like a jet ski? I personally have only had a few minor run in's with the dealer and you just have to let them know who's in charge. Getting a new boat is like getting a new car. Sometimes there are little bugs that you have to work out. Good luck and don't sell your boat too soon. I'm sure once you work the kinks out you'll love it.

I have an 07 Utopia that has problems with the depth finder since day one. My problem is once it reaches about 6ft the dept finder says 2.1ft and stays at that reading for a long time even when I go out to deaper water. Sometimes pulling the key and restarting it fixes it sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I'm about to bring it in for its 25hr service today and yesterday when I had it out the depth finder worked perfect all day. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by theboatnics View Post
    The factory depth finder is over priced $425.00 and don't work (depth reads incorrect and over 20mph reads ( -- ) on the display. Get a refund !!
    I have one installed and still awaiting for a factory software fix since May !
    Well even @ idle in shallow or deep water it reads --

So there is no fix? Man why the heck did the dealer sell it to me if it doesn't even work! He charged me 425.00 plus 2 hrs labor @ 85 per hr

The dealer replaced mine once under warranty and it still is having problems......Figured I would replace it with a good one for $150 rather than dealing with the SeaDoo dealer.

+1
    they suck on the yamaha's as well....i replaced mine w/a Humminbird...works alot better.

Well I called BRP and they said that it should work and probably not installed correctly and to have the dealer call the brp tech support #. I called the dealer and he said to bring it on in. But if it doesn't work I wonder if I should contest it with the cc company. I will give them one more chance then contest it. Have 60 days. So hummingbird eh? How difficult is the installation?

spd5535
    Otherwise, these boats are great. What other brand of boat can weigh 3000 lbs and you can make it dance like a jet ski?
    Yamaha!!!

I am really regretting the purchase of my 2006 C180. Why you may ask...

1. I need to spend a couple hundred bucks to fix supercharger clutch issues that should have been a free recall by BRP before my engine explodes. However BRP will not issue recalls unless they are safety related.
    2. Came new missing pump support wedge so boat handled like shit until I noticed the missing part.
    3. After getting the pump support wedge installed by my dealer it keeps ripping off and taking out the pump shoe as well. See my rant here:http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39965
    Dealer tells me BRP knows about it but offers no fix. They will continue to replace parts as necessary until my warranty runs out. THEN WHAT!!! Looks like its up to me to purchase another 200 bucks worth of parts to convert it to 07 specs where they did away with the ICS. By the way I am on my third pump shoe with considerable down time during the summer months.
    4. 12 volt cigarette style power supply in dash wont work.
    5. Hull was always full of water if boat spent any time in the water. Seal where scupper valve exits transom was leaking until dealer found and repaired.
    6. Seats are made of the cheapest vinyl known to man and have worn through on almost all where they rest against the gell coat. BRP will NOT repair siteing as a wear problem. Boat has less than 40 hours
    7. Plastic support holding seats on broke on two rear seats. Again BRP wont repair so I had to use epoxy to glue them back on.

This is just my list from the short period of time I have owned the boat others have some pretty extensive and pathetically common problems as well. Hull delamination, cracking of gell coat, wake tower wel breaks are just a few that come to mind.

Please dont take my response personal but I just dont think BRP deserves being defended for their extreamly poor business practices and quality issues.

I would just sell the POS and buy a new yamaha but unfortunatly I cannot afford to so I am stuck fixing things myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information